Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Female Newbie, 40, got Fibro. so far/major disc injuries I'm sure

Hi,

I'm 40, female, and I've had 5 upper back injuries and 1 lower.
The Chiro's have said I have pectoral impingment syndrome, thoracic outlet syndrome, and after the last car accident 2 full cervical disc tears.

So far I've only been using physical therapist(briefly as they made things worse usually so I quit), and Chiropractors.

When I went to a Rheumatologist for my autoimmune tests, she only gave me a Fibro diasgnosis, and she refulses to refer me into more testing for bone/muscle health.

*I have now suffered 11 years with some sort of imbalance in the spine,
When I life/move wrong, I cause rolling random spasms all over my upper neck/back sometimes.
When I first had a major upper back/shoulder injury from a fall, I had serious neck muscle spasms/pain.
I never got an MRI, and I suspect I did serious disc damage at that time.

During the last accident, with the only MRI I got for my neck, after the Chiro's took me seriously, the Neurologist and a Surgeon blew me off!
Both saying I have some degeneration, but it wouldn't necessarily be causing me the pain I'm talking about.
(I think they were trying to discount me, and my pain/and somehow it may be tied to the accident and insurance?) I was going after the guy who rear ended me.

*I'm so tired, hurt, angry, frustrated*.
*I am beautiful, or so men say, but I feel useless and unlovable as I had a husband at the time who was abusive, and treated me like I had no value because I couldn't easily work like a workaholic and be super competitive like him.*
*It's 8 years later, and I'm scared to admit I have back problems for fear I'll never get a date ever because on all dating sites, 98% of men only talk about sports and doing athletic activities and I'm severely limited.*
I never liked sports...but I cannot even play 9 holes of frisbee disc golf or swim alone like I used to.

I don't know, I am 40, and think the only guy who would deal with a girlfriend with real health issues is a 58 year old man, if they have health issues and would actually understand.

Clearly this continually eats away at me and digs at my self-esteem over dating/work, success.

I'm contemplating just filing for disability in the near future even though I will be working more towards a retraining in the field of art.
I used to do more psychiatric support work, but I cannot lift elderly people or assist without serious spasms, or do repetitive arm use for more than a few hours to do the old work I used to do to fill in which was data entry. So my job options are also seriously limited.

Laura
advertisement