Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

mesenteric lymphadenopathy anyone ??

backache99backache99 Posts: 1,313
its been 18 months since I had my ALIF its been 18 months of hell .as well as pain and lack of sleep I started with what I thought was adjacent disc pain and I asked my consultant for a CT scan and nothing came back on it ,,6 weeks later I started to get worse pain and I ended up in my local hospital 3 times and 3 times I was told I had constipation ,,I knew this was not the problem .anyway after a few more weeks of abdominal and spinal pain and many visits to my doctors I had enough and I called a different doctor to my house .thankfully she realised that they was something wrong and sent me to a colorectal consultant .I think I have posted about this on here somewhere but this is an update ,since the original post I have had CTVC and MRI with IV and oral contrast what came back from that was inconclusive .they say mesenteric lymphadenopathy with thickening of the terminal ileum suggestive of crohn's .this Monday I have an appointment with a gamma camera .they take 100ml of my blood then mark the white blood cells with a nuclear marker then inject the blood back in to me the I have to be scanned every 3 hours then the following day I have to have a bone density scan they are still looking to find out what wrong with me .the strange thing is I had a CT scan 6 weeks before the pain got too unbearable point and nothing was found but after the colorectal consultant CT scanned me there was evidence of this mesenteric lymphadenopathy .to me something as bad as this should have been visible 6 weeks early..all I know is I am now looking at another life changing problem I think the ALIF started it off .I did not have any bowel problems before the ALIF .I have googled this mesenteric problem and its a very loose term for a list as long as your arm !! it could be a number of things I am terrified the last thing I want to another major health problem I am too frail to deal with it .10 years of severe back pain had taken its toll on me ...I have been in pain 17 years but the last ten have been the worst ..anyone got or can shed some light on this subject ????
tony{UK}
1997 laminectomy
2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
advertisement

Comments

• MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,778
    edited 07/03/2013 - 7:48 PM
    My thoughts and prayers are with you ... We go through so much ... too much. I have something similar - won't elaborate in forum.

Bless you and yours,

d
  • please send me a PM if you don't mind I am struggling to get any decent info
    .mine came out of the blue within 72 hours from no abdominal pain to pure hell and in hospital but its been a rollercoaster ride of misdiagnosis and unnecessary stress .like I say I have more test next week 8/9th but wont get the result for another 2 weeks .today I am so weak I have managed to shower and that's it I am back on my chair even waiting for the kettle to boil feels like a life time energy wise ..if you don't want to tell me about your problem that's fine .but if you could give some indication from a third person point of view that would help
    tony{UK}
    1997 laminectomy
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
  • advertisement
  • MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,778
    Done ... check your PM's

D
  • its what I thought it was .
    tony
    1997 laminectomy
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
  • its been so hot in the uk and I don't do heat very well .I had to spend 8 hours in the hospital for around 2 hours treatment /investigations .it was hard work as I was away from my home {no fan /no chair ] just hard seats and hot air and uncomfy scanner beds anyway today it the last of the many scans I have had ..unless I come home to another letter telling me to go for more tests ..I will get the results in about 2 weeks ..I hope is better luck than I anticipate
    tony{UK}
    1997 laminectomy
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
  • advertisement
  • I am so tired and in so much pain due to being out and about for over 8 hours yesterday and out early this morning .time for a nap and a bagel and good cup of coffee
    tony{UK}
    1997 laminectomy
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
advertisement