Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I do believe that my bulged disc finally gave out.

I have a bulged disc at L5-S1. I think I finally blew it out. I have had a sudden onset of lower back pain and nerve pain that runs down into my left hip. I am going to call my surgeon today. I was just in his office a few weeks ago discussing and joking about me, blowing discs out since I seem to do it so well. Honestly a little part me just wants to get the darn thing fixed but I also don't want to get another surgery cause I know I will be getting another fusion. Then I will be fused at three levels. At least I am already on disability so I wont have to struggle with money so much if I do end up having something done. Just needed to vent my frustrations.
Discectomies 05/08 and 04/11, fusions L4-5 Feb 9,2012 and L3-L4 June 28,2012, Staph infection washout 3/2/2012, Bulged L5-S1. SCS trial on January 17th, 2014, which was a success! Permanent SCS on February 20th.
advertisement

Comments

• I understand your frustration. After one surgery I seemed to be feeling better and after about the 6 week mark everything started heading south, and that lead me to fusion. It really sucks.
    KarenD
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • That does sound very unfortunate. Good luck with it getting better and hopefully avoiding any surgery.
  • advertisement
  • After having 5 surgeries on my back before the age of 33, I believe I have become a pro at this pain thing. Yes, it does suck. I am supposed to be go in for SCS trial here in a few weeks. I don't want anything to mess it up, especially not another fusion. Now, I just have to sit and wait for the nurse to call me back, which could take a week.
    Discectomies 05/08 and 04/11, fusions L4-5 Feb 9,2012 and L3-L4 June 28,2012, Staph infection washout 3/2/2012, Bulged L5-S1. SCS trial on January 17th, 2014, which was a success! Permanent SCS on February 20th.
This discussion has been closed.