Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Cervical Refusion for Pseudoarthrosis

Hi All,

I'm new to this site and looking for some advice, support, and feedback from anyone who has suffered with Pseudoarthrosis from an ACDF. I had an ACDF on C5/C6 about 9 months ago, since then the pain in my neck has gotten worse although the pain and numbness in my arm has gone away. I went for a follow-up visit around 5 months because the pain was starting to get really bad, my surgeon did a CT scan and it showed no fusion. He told me to see if I could hold off until August to see if it would develop unless I truly couldn't bare it. He also told me that the original surgeon who did my surgery placed the screws in a very awkward place and that from the op report she didn't use enough bone material so it would be unlikely that I would achieve fusion. Since May, I have tried everything in PM and now that August is here I went in to see my new surgeon again, he ordered the CT scan and sure enough it showed that there was no bone growth and I've developed two more bulging discs. I'm 28 years old and have been in constant pain for 2 years since I was rear-ended in a bad car accident. I'm so tired of being in pain and not able to do half the things I used to. I'm a teacher for children with autism and due to the nature of their sometimes unpredictable behavior, I haven't been able to work. I miss working with my students and their families, its my true passion in life. Anyway, after getting the results we've decided to go ahead with the reconstructive surgery, he has to undue her mistakes anteriorly and to make sure I achieve fusion he is going to go in posteriorly as well. He is also going to use bone from my hip, which will give me the greatest chance for fusion. The surgery will be taking place this Monday, August 12, 2013. Has anyone been through this before? What's the recovery like? I'm scared and nervous but I can't keep living Ike this at such a young age. I'm really scared about the recovery, I remember how bad it was after the first surgery but then again from what my current surgeon is saying the first surgeon did a very poor job.

Thank you all in advance for your support! My support is with you all as well, it's difficult living with chronic pain. I'm sending positive thoughts to everyone on here.

Best,
Danielle
advertisement