Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

back braces?

does anyone have any recommendations for upper or full back braces or posture supports? I was looking at some on amazon but they all seem to have bad reviews. any suggestions....i feel like something like this would help me through my days at work...
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 11,650
    The support you get is way too important

The only rationale way to get a back brace is to have your doctor recommend one. Over the years, I have had several back braces, all recommended by my doctor and fitted specifically for me by medical professionals.

You dont just want to get a generic brace.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • barcabbarca Posts: 24
    edited 08/13/2013 - 7:54 AM
    do you feel as though the brace actually helped? i see you are on the computer for work like I am
  • advertisement
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 11,650
    but they were used mostly for dealing with flare ups. On a normal course, I would not wear a brace. Instead I would do the stretching and exercises to help build up my muscles to take some strain off of my back. That works the best
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com