Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I'm Back Again!

dangbackddangback Posts: 29
edited 08/20/2013 - 11:39 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I'm feeling a bit bummed. I'm had so many surgeries and the thought of one more is just scaring me. It seems like the more I have to do this, the more frightened I become. I just don't know what else to do.

My Current Condition:
C5-C6 disc herniation
C6-C7disc bulge
C2-C6 Spinal Stenosis and Foramina Stenosis, facet joint degeneration and osteophyte
My Past:
1992 L5/S1 Laminectomy
2001 L5/S1 Second Laminectomy
2008 L5/S1 Fusion.
And those are only my back surgeries.

My Dr. kept saying that I'm disabled and there is nothing more I can do but get the Neck fusion. For some reason this totally made me upset, even though in my head I know I'm disabled!!!!!!!!!! I'm terrified to have this surgery and I don't know why. This will be my fourth back surgery and my second on fusion.

I want to know how bad the pain really is from having a neck fusion. Don't candy coat it, I need to know what to expect at the very least to the very worst.

And, what can I before surgery in order to make sure I'm comfortable at home. I remember my lumbar fusion, and up it was almost impossible to go potty and well clean yourself after. Is this going to happen again?

What will the best and least possible outcome as far as range of motion be with my neck once I heal.

Thanks for any help
1992 L5/S1 Laminectomy
2008 L5/S1 Fusion.

Current Condition:
C5-C6 disc herniation
C6-C7disc bulge
C2-C6 Spinal Stenosis and Foramina Stenosis, facet joint degeneration and osteophyte
advertisement

Comments

• I can't speak to the neck fusion but if your doctor says your disabled, get it in writing from him/her NOW. Trust me, trying to get a doctor to come right out and say "your disabled" is not an easy thing to do...depending on your age.

I wish you the best and hope the surgeon can help you feel better!
    Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • EMS GUY, Why do I need to get that in writing from my DR?
    1992 L5/S1 Laminectomy
    2008 L5/S1 Fusion.

Current Condition:
    C5-C6 disc herniation
    C6-C7disc bulge
  • advertisement
  • If you are eligible for disability benefits either through an employer or the government, you must have documentation indicating that you are disabled. Some agencies require an FCE to be done, others take it by word that you are disabled.
    Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • dangbackddangback Posts: 29
    edited 08/21/2013 - 5:57 AM
    Thanks, I did some research last night I found a Residual Functional Capacity Form. I've printed it off and will be mailing it to the DR. tomorrow along with a letter for his continued support. I also printed off one to take with me tomorrow to see my PC Dr. since I have an appointment. I live in a small town and basically we are all very friendly with our medical community here. I feel certain they will both fill it out. And yes, after a lot of consideration I've decided to apply for disability. Thanks so much for bringing that up. I han't really looked into it or given it much thought until I read your comment.

How are you doing?
    1992 L5/S1 Laminectomy
    2008 L5/S1 Fusion.

Current Condition:
    C5-C6 disc herniation
    C6-C7disc bulge
advertisement