Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

October surgery

advertisement

Comments

• There will be no trick or treat this October Rick but i bet i will be listening & if i hear anything like "Trick or Treat" partially knocked out or not i will be running surgical gown tubes & all LOL. It might be funny but it wont be pretty. I'm sorry i haven't been on for a while but my new doctor is changing my pain medication to a much stronger type & for some reason it's just not helping that much i just cant seem to catch a break or so it seems. A good night sleep would go a long way to fixing my negative attitude. Fingers crossed for sleep tonight.......
  • bundybbundy Posts: 61
    edited 09/20/2013 - 12:59 AM
    just another 3 weeks i don't know why but this one is worrying the heck out of me. The pain in my right arm is as bad if not worse than my left arm. My new doctor has me on both slow release & fast release morphine but all it seems to do is make me feel dizzy & nauseous without doing anything to stop my pain. How are you doing Michelle? How is your pain now? You are only a couple of weeks away from your surgery now. I hope you are not feeling to nervous. If you are a bit nervous feel free to pm me anytime you never know i might be able to help. I am going to try & have a early night fingers crossed for a small miracle & maybe i will fall asleep fast. Good night all!
  • advertisement
  • Thank you for thinking of me :) I try not to think about it...keep my mind busy. I teach teenagers all day so that's enough to drive anyone to distraction (if not crazy) ;-) I know right before my surgery, I will probably be a nervous wreck. I think just not knowing what to expect bothers me the most. Everyone's situation/case is different and everyone recuperates at a different rate. I'm still not in a lot of pain, although my fomer pa told me pain isn't necessarily a bad thing to have....at least it means you're still FEELING. My neck is bothering me a bit today (and most of last night). I took 600 mg of ibuprofen but that will have to end soon as I'm sure you know.
    I hope they will give me something to calm my nerves before surgery. I have to be at the hospital by 8 am and my surgery is scheduled for 12:30. That's going to be a LOOOOONG 4 hours :(
    By the way, I am loving me some zzzquil. If you haven't tried it, you should! I hope your pain subsides and you can get some rest!
    Michelle
  • I love that stuff, it really works and all I have to do is take one capsule and i am asleep. It really is great stuff when you are tossing and turning.
    Irene
    Irene
    Orlando Florida
    4 Level ACDF
    October 15th, 2013
  • I agree! It's really great stuff...now if they'd just make something to make my husband quit snoring....oh wait, I guess they do. They're called ear plugs. LOL
    I'm 10 days from surgery and nursing a sinus infection :( I really hope this isn't going to mess up my surgery date. Started a Z-pak Friday and will be done with it Tuesday....8 days before surgery. Fingers crossed that's good enough. If not, I reschedule AGAIN. Anyone else have anything like this happen?
  • advertisement
  • Bummer it sounds like it works. I should ask our chemist & see if there is an equivalent over here. That's not good news about your sinus infection i hope you can get it sorted before your surgery date. There is nothing more frustrating than having to reschedule i think for my first surgery it had to be rescheduled 4 times for various reasons. We (my wife & i) have all of our fingers crossed for you Michelle. Stay in touch mate. I am 16 days away from my surgery now. So i have a bunch of forms to fill out plus blood tests to do at least i am well & able to do it all but still it's nervous times now. I hate surgery in case you havn't noticed lol.
  • mbridgemanmmbridgeman Posts: 20
    edited 10/01/2013 - 4:06 PM
    I wish you had told me you were from New Zealand before now...I've been reading your posts in an boring American accent...now I have to go back and reread them in a cool NZ accent :)
    Thank you for your kind words and support. I will be thinking of you too and saying special prayers. Keep in touch!! If I could send you zzzquil in the mail, I would but I'm not sure that's legal ;)
  • How are you? How did your surgery go? I hope it went well for you & you had a good rest in hospital. I hope your sinus infection cleared up in time for your surgery. I am at the stage of packing my bag ( to be honest my wife Ange is ) i have to be at hospital on Wednesday morning at 6.30am for my surgery. It has come around so fast but then again at 4am in agony the time seemed to drag. But it's here now oh yay. Wot a shock to find out that the private hospital i am having the pleasure of staying in doesn't have Wi-Fi so no computer no internet i don't know how i'm going to survive!! So it's bye for now i hope everything is going well for you Michelle & i will be back in 3/4 days (i hope) God bless..
  • mbridgemanmmbridgeman Posts: 20
    edited 10/14/2013 - 11:08 AM
    I am back...surgery was succesful and trust me, you won't have time for internet. I think I caught up on 10 yrs of sleep in the hospital! LOL I'm doing well, just extremely exhausted and trying to rest (that's the hardest part for me b/c I like to stay busy). You will do great. Keeping you in my prayers and let us know how you are as soon as you're up to it!
    Michelle
  • susabellssusabell Illinois Posts: 241
    I wish you well I will pray for you. Please update as soon as possible. I wish this awful pain will finally be a thing of the past. I remember the pain I was in prior to my posterior surgery on 8/8/13.

Gentle Hugs
    Susabell

ACDF C4-C7 5/13/2010. Synthetic Bone Graft Failed Fusion.
    PCF C4-C7 8/13/13. Rods and Screws Fused in 3 Months with Autograft.
    C6-C7 Spineous process Surgically Shaved Off 3/11/14.
    Sciatica 3/11/16 Left Leg prescribed Medrol Pack 6 days also Physical Therapy.
advertisement