Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

October surgery

Comments

• Bundy
    Probally to late but wanted to say Good Luck to you before surgery.
    Stay positive it does get better. You do not need WI FI in the hospital
    You have nurses to play with!!!! Just remember they don't always play well..

Michelle
    Sounds like yours went good. Take your time and recover right, it does help.

Good Luck to both of you
    Rick

• hi Michelle great to hear you are back & doing well. It's great to hear that word " Succesful " i'm so happy for, you now you have to rest & allow your body to heal. I am a few hours away from heading in so i'm getting as much internet time as possible before it is so cruelly taken away from me. LOL. Hi Susabell thanks for your prayers & good wishes i realy do hope this is the end of the pain, I have to believe it will be otherwise i wont get in the car in a few hours. Hey there Rick some might call me greedy but why can't we have Wi-Fi & nurses? I must say not even some old school Pink Floyd blasting through my headphones is helping the nerves i really am a big girl on the inside, i'm a tattooed guy on the out side but a big girl on the inside lol. Any way i must get going & i will get back online as soon as i am home Big kiwi love & best wishes to all & see ya in a few days!
  • advertisement
  • Can't wait to see your post of successful surgery! You're in my thoughts and prayers :)
    Michelle
  • Well it looks like it has gone well!.Still in a lot of pain down my arms but my surgeon thinks it can take a while for it all to settle down at least the pins & needles are mostly gone Yay But it's bloody good to be home it really is. So Michelle how are you getting on? I hope you haven't had any problems while i was away. Well i'm off for a nap & i'l catch up a bit later.
  • susabellssusabell Illinois Posts: 241
    This is "Great News". Yes I agree it's always better at home. Now is time to rest & rest that is healing time!!!

Take care,
    Susabell
    ACDF C4-C7 5/13/2010. Synthetic Bone Graft Failed Fusion.
    PCF C4-C7 8/13/13. Rods and Screws Fused in 3 Months with Autograft.
    C6-C7 Spineous process Surgically Shaved Off 3/11/14.
    Sciatica 3/11/16 Left Leg prescribed Medrol Pack 6 days also Physical Therapy.
  • advertisement
  • Hips don't lieHHips don't lie Posts: 12
    edited 10/23/2013 - 4:42 AM
    On Oct 1st I had C5-C6 ACDF with my own hip bone so I'm 3 weeks post op. What an incredibly long 3 weeks!!
    I go through various emotions and some days there is so much pain and some are so much better... Yesterday I couldn't reach for anything without extreme pain... Today it's so much better!! The hip pain is fine unless I over do it. I take 5 mg of Percocet every 4 hours and nothing else... It just takes the edge off the pain for me... The doctor is already talking about tapering my meds off and I'm so worried about it because the pain takes over every thought when I don't take anything...
  • about the amount pain i still have in both arms but it has only been a week since my surgery. Today for me has been the worse since my release from hospital & i was starting to think i was going mad. But after reading your post Hips don't lie it has reassured me that things are progressing as they should thanks for that. Just like you my doctors have reduced my medications & are talking about coming off them all together. No one seems to be listening to me at all. Oh well that feels better getting that little GRRrrrrr out of my head. I just want he pain to stop that's all & i am so close to just loosing it.
  • RickilalasRRickilalas Posts: 558
    edited 10/29/2013 - 12:52 PM
    Hello Bud
    Take your time and do this right it can change your life
    Keep your.elbows against your.body when picking thins up. This sounds dumb but reaching out will feel like picking up something and pulling it up through your butt. No Joke.
    Wish you well buddy you need this to go right so you get your life.back

Rick
  • Hips don't lieHHips don't lie Posts: 12
    edited 10/26/2013 - 11:45 AM
    I went to see my son in hiss Halloween parade today. I am so much more mobile this week And feel like I can almost sleep lying down instead of sitting up... I can't wait until I can roll onto my side and sleep : )
  • I have been doing things slowly any slower & i would be at a full stop LOL. No it doesn't sound dumb i have heard it before & i use it as much as possible. I thank you my friend for your best wishes. It's good to hear hips dont lie that you are so much more mobile you sound like you are well on the mend. Has anyone heard from Michele for a week or two?
advertisement