Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

2 Dr.'s confirm disaibility-headed to surgery next

This week I've had both my physio and GP confirm my disability. The physio just kept saying over and over you're disabled. And, while hearing someone say that to me wasn't pleasant, EMS GUY here on Spine-Health made me realize how important those words were. He is currently filling out a residual functional capacity form (RFCF). Today I seen my GP whom actually manages my pain and she too said I was disable and agreed to fill out the form as well. Once I have the forms I do plan to apply for disability.

My neruo wants to do an ALIF. I"m really scared to have this done. I've read a lot here on SH and know most of you did well and some of you not so well.

On top of this needed ALIF, I've already had three back surgeries and one fusion. The area where the fusion is now has spinal stenosis and so much scar tissue surround the area that it's causing me a great deal of pain. I'm not sure what if anything my neruo plans to do for that.

I also need a right hip replacement and have needed it for a couple of years. I just can't bring myself to get that one done. I will most likely wait until it's just unbearable.

I wonder what your thoughts are on applying for disability before surgery or waiting until after. I mean after surgery aside from my tailbone and legs and hip, I could be much improved? On the other hand, I really think overall, even with a successful surgery I may still be disabled.

And, what are you thoughts on actually have a ALIF?

Best,
DangBack
1992 L5/S1 Laminectomy
2001 L5/S1 Second Laminectomy
2008 L5/S1 Fusion.

Current Condition:
C5-C6 disc herniation
C6-C7disc bulge
C2-C6 Spinal Stenosis and Foramina Stenosis, facet joint degeneration and osteophyte
advertisement