Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Saddest day fo my life

After watching my mother suffer un relentless pain for weeks from a t9 burst fracture, it was just too much for her body to take. She had other medical issues so treating the spine was not a option. My mother passed away Thursday with her family by her side. She began bleeding from her anus and vagina which we suspect was some sort of internal bleeding from the fracture but like I said before the Drs said nothing could be done. This has been the hardest thing I have ever been thru in my life. If your parents are still alive, call them , tell them how much you love them. Visit them as often as possible.I feel like part of my soul is gone.
Susan
advertisement

Comments

• I'm so sorry for your loss. I was with my mom when she passed a couple of years ago. I know it's hard, but at least she's not in pain any more. Stay strong.
    Artificial disc at L5S1 for 10 years. Had 3 Level lumbar fusion and Laminectomy on Sept 27, 2013. It was an OLIF (Oblique Lumbar Interbody Fusion) with cages, BMP, rods & screws. Norco, Plaquenil
  • I lost my Mom a couple of years ago. She passed peacefully in hospice. It hurt like hell. I was 55 at the time and still felt like an orphan. Take time to grieve and celebrate the life your mother lived.

penny
    4 level ACDF completed on January 3rd.
    I developed an infection which required reopening the wound on January17th
    Looking forward to life without as much pain!
  • advertisement
  • sandisandi Posts: 6,269
    edited 09/16/2013 - 6:23 AM
    There are no words that will bring you much in the way of comfort, but I am truly sorry for your loss.
    Sandi
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,760
    deepest sympathy. Losing a parent is never easy regardless of their age. Wishing you and your entire family the strength to get through the next phase.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • My thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time.
    I just wanted to reach out with a hug from Australia.

DDD. Married,Mum of 2, Age 45: 2007 & 2008 L5/S1 Discectomy
    April 2013 L5/S1 Anterior Fusion
    & L4/L5 Artificial Disc Replacement
  • advertisement
  • AllMetalAAllMetal Posts: 1,189
    edited 09/16/2013 - 2:33 PM
    So sorry for your loss Susan. Prayers for you and your family.
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,111
    It seems as if the days are getting harder instead of easier. I am hoping with time that I can get thru a day without a tear. We took care of each other. She helped me and I helped her with both of our medical issues. We could always figure it out one way or another. Ive taken care of her for so long I don't know what to do with myself.The quietness of the house is almost too much to bare. I keep waiting for her to call out my name.to let know she is up. Oh what I would give to hear that voice one more time
    Susan
  • Susan, although we have never spoken I am so sorry for your loss. My mum drives me crazy at times but I love her. I have lost quite a lot of people in my life but I dread losing my mum. I was told to light a candle each day for my sister or plant a tree and talk to her and this has helped me before. I still feel her presence at times now when I think about her.
    Lyndal
  • Sorry for your loss,. My mom is still here but her mind is going fast.

I am curious why your mom suffered for weeks with the pain. Couldn't she be given something or it didn't work? When my father was 80 and dying the doc didn't want to give him something because "he may become addicted".
  • Pink2lipPink2lip Posts: 122
    edited 09/17/2013 - 12:17 PM
    I am sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my mom 10 years ago when I was 30. I was born when she was 40.
    Jenn
    40 year old mom
    Tlif July 18
advertisement