Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Massage Therapy vs. Physical Therapy

Comments

• EMS GuyEEMS Guy Posts: 1,604
    edited 10/14/2013 - 6:14 AM
    Mine lasted two weeks where I was at rehab for three hours at a time every day (M-F) and they were running me through multiple strength building exercises along with stretches. Actually, I think that's where I did myself in because I did too much too early. The idea behind it is to get me back into shape in order to do my job. When I got done with it, I was ready to go back to work, other than the fact I had severe pain when bending over (actually straightening back up is what was causing the pain). It was physically demanding.

Keith
    Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • Massage therapy also helps to keep scar tissue from forming. When I had knee surgery back in 2009 (tore my quad muscle off the bone and had to have it tied down using aviation grade wiring), my wife would massage my scar to help keep the scar tissue from forming.
    If you go searching for a massage therapist, be sure to get one that is state & nationally certified. Don't let just anyone work on you. Like Ron said, there are many states that say if you can read and know your own name when spoken to you can call yourself a therapist. Here in Alabama you have to have formal education & training and also have to be state medical board & national board certified plus they have to have certain amount of CEU's per year to keep their licenses. My wife has to attend classes every so often or she will not be able to practice massage in Alabama any longer. She also teaches massage at a local college here and she and her students went to a cadaver lab a few weeks ago during a human dissection. Just be very careful with who you get. This is something that I feel very strong about because the wrong person can mess you up if they don't know what they are doing.
    5 MRIs since 2010 | Severe DDD throughout entire Lumbar Region | Facet Arthrosis throughout | Spinal Canal Stenosis | Herniation L4/L5 | Broad - Based Bulging L1/L2, L2/3, L3/L4 - but still kicking - just not very high. :)
  • advertisement
  • I did two things with therapy; pool exercises and table work. The table work had a lot of massage therapy and it helped for sure. The pool was amazing.
    L5-S1 herniation (10mm), April 2013

Lumbar Laminectomy May 1st 2013

Lumbar Laminectomy April 18th 2016

https://www.sandiegosteve.info/me/lumbar-laminectomy-surgery-recovery/
This discussion has been closed.