Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

The more activity the more PAIN???? post lumbar surgery

Comments

• I did and thought it was so strange since I needed to be up and walking. Taking a muscle relaxer throughout the day and one perc at night to help me sleep. Mentioned it to PA last Thursday at last visit before work release. Mentioned it and she suggested takinga magnesium supplement (equivalent to eating a banana a day). What a HUGE difference. So much better.
  • Well, walked and sat tooooo long yesterday in the car and on a bench on the boardwalk
    CAPE MAY NJ was gorgeous yesterday, just looking at the sun glistenung on the ocean waves makes one forget evetything.

Then i said to my husband " uh oh, my butt is killing me"
    Time to get off of the boardwalk bench!...... this cute 90 year old man said " can i help you get up"?
    Ayyyyyy, he was doing so.much better than me and i am 30 years younger than he.

So he and my husband and a few other elderly people watch me struggle to rise off of the bench.

It felt like tight muscle butt pain and with some walking, i DID loosen up eventually
    But still paying for the lovely Sunday trip to Cape May today.....

Love
    Rose
  • advertisement
  • Just went to Cape May a few weeks ago, probably sat on the same bench as you watching the waves. Love Cape May!!! Glad you were able to loosen up after walking a bit. Talking about the 90 yr old offering his help, last year we spent the winter in FL and my back and sciatic was at its worst, I was in agony. I remember watching 90 year olds power walking and biking circles around me. At that time, I made the decision to get surgery. Dawned on me, I wasn't really participating in life. I hope to keep up with the seniors this winter!!
    PLIF fusion L4-L5 and Decompression July 31