Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Question about aqua therapy

I had my first therapy session today. Well, actually, yesterday was my first but that was really just a get to know you sort of appointment. The therapist asked tons of questions and had me do several different things to see where my base line is, yada yada. One of the things he did was test my reflexes. My left ankle had zero and my left and right knees along with my right ankle was minimal. I was afraid to ask what that meant. Has anyone experienced that?

He had me do some exercises that I need to do at home which I did last night and this morning before I went to therapy. It's so defeating knowing the shape I used to be in and now these little exercises are on the slightly difficult side. I did the exercises no problem except after I was done this morning about 20 minutes later I started getting numbness back in my feet and that broken or sprained ankle feeling that I'm sure many of you know just what I'm talking about.

When I went to therapy today I did tell him that after my exercises this morning my foot hurt but he didn't seem too concerned. The facility I'm going to is very reputable so I'm not worried that he doesn't know what he's doing.

After I was done in the pool my left leg was very weak and shaky. I figured it was because its been a while since I've really done anything. Well now my ankles are killing me and I feel the little spasms in my legs as I am reclining in my zero gravity chair with ice. I also have splinter like feelings in two of my toes at the very tips. Not pins and needles, splinters!

Does anyone have any suggestions or advise who's been through this? I really want to do everything possible to avoid a fusion but at the same time I don't want to make matters worse. Sometime I think I'm going crazy and its all in my head.

Thanks,
Amy
Herniation of l5 S1 l4 , DDD , microdisectomy in June 2013 and re herniation in September
Cervical herniation at C5-7 Jan 2014 with impingement of spinal cord. 2 level cervical fusion Feb. 2014 and 2 level lumbar fusion in April 2014
advertisement