Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Can I get cured 100% from posterior central C5-C6 disc protrusion?

Hello everyone,
I am a new member to this forum. My name is Karthik. I am from India, Tamilnadu. Very glad to know that such website exists where people can share the stuffs related to their spine.
Two days back I met with a major car accident. High velocity car was stuck by a truck in the back of the car. Car lost its control, went up in the divider of road. Two tyres busted, car turned upside down. Major damage to the car body.
Having said the magnitude of the accident, am very happy to say that by god's grace, all the four of us who travelled in the car are shape. It happened mid night. By god's grace, the car after turning upside down just stayed on the divider, without moving to any other side of the road.
I am very well able to do any activities. But, I got severe pain in my lower neck, shoulder and arm area in night time, immediately after accident.
Next early morning, we immediately rushed to hospital. Xray and MRI were taken.
Key portion indicating abnormality in my MRI report:
1. Posterior central disc protrusion at C5-C6 level indenting thecal sac and causing mild compromise of spinal cord.
2. Left paracentral disc protrusion at C6-C7 level indenting thecal sac and causing mild compromise of spinal cord.
After diagnosis, the doctor adviced me to take 3 sitting of physiotheraphy session - 1. cervical traction and 2. Ultrasonic massage.
Pain reduced greatly. However I did not felt that am 100% fine.
Doctor told me to take ten further sittings of the same session. And if am not feeling well to me, a surgery is required.
Since am bit recovered today, started browsing about this stuff. Again very happy to know that there is a separate forum where users are talking/sharing about this for the goodness of everyone.

I have some questions pertaining to this topic. Requesting fellow users to check this and provide their valuable inputs.
1. After checking in net, I found that my problem is relatively small. But is the disc bulge problem is 100% curable?
2. I did not ask my doctor/have to check with him in next visit. By anyway, can I from my MRI report find out what is the distance to which the disc has bulged.
3. Though my doctor is too good, he is too busy so I could not ask many questions to him. My physiotherapist examined my MRI, was kind enough to show me the disc which is slightly protruding thecal sac which is causing the issue. To my eyes, I was able to see few other discs in my lower spine, protruding to the same extent as problematic ones. when asked about it, he replied those are natural to my body and so no issues!! Any inputs specific to this?!

Expecting the valuable clarifications on my doubts!!

Thanks.
advertisement