Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Anyone use pregnancy pillows for back issues?

I am having a laminectomy and discectomy next month I already use a body pillow as I always sleep on my left side so I need pillow between my knees. But my back is still really sore so I don't sleep well. I am taking amitriptyline 50mg at bedtime it only helps a little. Sorry started rambling. Any way anyone use pregnancy pillow and do they help.
Thank Summi
Acdf C5 C6 12/13/12
Laminectomy and Discectomy L5 S1 12/12/13
advertisement

Comments

• AllMetalAAllMetal Posts: 1,189
    edited 11/11/2013 - 1:55 AM
    I've suggested them many times on this forum. I own several styles from my pregnancy days, but I still use them.
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.
  • Having a scs put in next week, and think a U shaped body pillow would help me rest more comfortably after.
    AllMetal, can u recomend one brand or type over the other? They will cut up my spine in 3 places + sleep in a hard collar. Only side sleeping for a while. Do you have a favorite?
    Thanks a lot!

Summi, I will let you know my experience after trying it, but just like me, you would like to find out if its an aid, before you have the surgery. Best of luck with your surgery!

Vic
    Cause: car accident & genetics
    Effect: herniations C4-7, stenosis, osteoarthritis, myelopathy, neuropathy
    Non-invasive Treatment: everything under the sun
    Invasive Treatment: 2 level ACDF, C5 & C6, May 2012
    Moving Forward: SCS
  • advertisement
  • I found one that I think I want to order but not sure if its worth spending the money. So it would be great to hear more feedback on them.
    Acdf C5 C6 12/13/12
  • I have many different styles that I use depending on pain level, pain location, etc. I know I' 5'7''and my U pillow is about 3 annoying inches to short...lol.
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.
  • I found a candy cane shaped one that has really good reviews. I think I may purchase this one soon. I am waiting to see if it goes on sale for the holidays.
    Acdf C5 C6 12/13/12
  • advertisement
  • For anyone looking at this question, take a look at www.mylotusleaf.com. (Full disclosure: this is my product.) I am a prenatal massage therapist and have developed the Lotus Leaf to create perfect alignment for side lying position. I believe it can help other people as well, especially those who need to sleep secured on their sides. I'd love to know what you think!
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.