Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial


In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Independent medical exam help

Work comp gave me a case manager and now I have to go to an IME. My lawyer said this isn't good. Anyone have insight? Can I get my own IME?
Left side MicroD l5-s1 2/7/13. Re herniated immediately
Revision bilateral MicroD and posterior lumbar decompression 9/9/13. Failed. L5-S1 fusion on 3/6/14.


  • Two things come to mind; first, your case manager can be your best friend! I stay in touch with mine. Any time the PM wants to do a procedure or if there is a status change, I e-mail her so she knows what's going on and doesn't have to rely simply on the doctor's notes submitted with the request. Next - and I cannot be more serious when I say this...tell them 100% the truth. If it hurts, tell them. But don't fake answers or be elusive answering their questions. They are trained to see right through that (not to mention dishonesty sucks!). Also, if they ask you to do something that hurts to do (bending, etc.) tell them it hurts. They should not keep asking you to do things that hurt you. If they do, document it and let your lawyer know.

    You can get your own IME done, but you will have to pay for it and WC will most likely not honor it. BUT, your lawyer can certainly refer to it if it differs from WC IME.

    Everything I'm mentioning is what I went through here in KY. Each state is different so be sure to let your lawyer know everything that's going on. One last thing, one of my employees who is off hurt was getting bullied by her WC Case Manager. She started recording the phone conversations she had with him and gave it to her attorney. Needless to say, things have become quite interesting with her case.

    Best of luck!

    Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
Sign In or Register to comment.