Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Leg Pain and tiny electric shocks in my arm and fingers

Had a L5-S1 herniation a year ago. While the pain has subsided a bit, there are few days in couple of weeks that i feel more pain. Meanwhile I had been trying to do anything that can help me, walking , stretching exercises, strengthening core muscles, but taking medicines which I take when there is enough pain. Reason of not taking them is that my stomach responds very badly to the anti-inflammatory medicines.So a year has passed and only a bit improvement.

Previously there was a continuous pain and numbness, but now the pain and numbness are on/off(most of the time on). Shall I take this as an encouraging sign as still I have times of pain but less frequent than before.

Secondly, and the injury I am afraid of, around three months ago I got numbness in my left hand finger tips. I thought this is due to my fingers placed at mouse pad for longer times. But I found out that during days when I didn't work on laptop I still have numbness. In short, I took it as a sign to take care of my neck and did care for it. But instead I started getting headaches in left side of my head that would be in the back of head to forehead. I took more care and it went away for a week. But recently I had to work on field where I had to look at three computer screens. I had to move my head left to right to check the data we were getting and in around every 20 sec I have to move my head just like you would watching a basketball game. After a couple of days I started getting headaches and tiny electric shock type feeling in my elbow, fingers base and tips. I am still at work and now try to move my whole body in a revolving chair to look at screens.

I feel there is something with one or could be more disks in the neck. It could be due to the fall that caused my L5-S1 to bulge. At that time I didn't had any neck or associated pain but may be a little damage that didnt surfaced at that time has now due to neck movements surfaced. Anyone with both Lumbar and cervical injuries? What are the exercises you do, the posture you retain in daily life, in sleeping or walking.

And I need to confirm from the the experienced members, is swimming a good exercise for neck and back disk related injuries. For back it may be good but wouldn't the neck continuous left right movements in swimming cause damage.

Would be really really Thankful.
advertisement