Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

A VERY STRANGE pain somewhere (Help from the ladies)

I had my posterior L4-L5 fusion on the 17th and I have a pain that is REALLY WEIRD! I keep getting these really severe burning/stabbing pains in my left breast when I take my bra off or left thing "lose" anyone else have anything like that happen? It feel like a cigarette being pushed through it. Any ideas?

Anne
ALIF April 2011 but it turns out I broke before it barely fused.
L4-L5 posterior fusion December 2013
advertisement

Comments

• I certainly cannot speak for the ladies, but it could be a nerve that was pinched while you were laying face down on the surgery table. It could be that your bra is pushing on the nerve (or releasing it). That could cause a burning sensation.

Sorry that you're having pain up there!

Keith
    Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • LOL, That's kind of what I too am assuming. Being that there was no pain before hand and then pain afterwards.........I can tell you one thing, IT SUCKS! LOL but it is much more manageable than the back pain ever was!

Anne
  • advertisement
  • SarahLindeauSarahLindeau Posts: 766
    edited 12/27/2013 - 3:58 PM
    Rib cage pain here. I had a 360 fusion so I thought it might be my vertical incision on my tummy radiating pain, but not sure .
    2015: Thoracic protrusions C7-T1, T3-4, T6-8
    Dec'13: 360FusionL4-S1 w/bone graft
    2013: 3x2-level disc injections: 12mo surgery postponement
    Dec'12: DiscogramL4-S1
    Sep/Oct'12: Bi-lateral Rhizo AblationsL4- S1
  • My rib cage was killing me too!
advertisement