Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

tony romo sent home 1 day after surgery

'tony romo had back surgery yesterday and was sent home today. when i had my back surgery for a herniated disc and sciatica like he has, i was in the hospital for 10 days. i guess back surgeries today are different from my first fusion 12 years ago. i have no idea what they do now but my last fusion2 years ago was done through the side and i was in the hospital for 3 days.
jon
I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
advertisement

Comments

• RTgirl2011RRTgirl2011 Posts: 511
    edited 12/28/2013 - 11:51 AM
    I was sent home the same day when I had my 2 open back laminaectomy/discectomy surgeries. I went home two days after each fusion.
    Discectomies 05/08 and 04/11, fusions L4-5 Feb 9,2012 and L3-L4 June 28,2012, Staph infection washout 3/2/2012, Bulged L5-S1. SCS trial on January 17th, 2014, which was a success! Permanent SCS on February 20th.
  • He must have had a great surgeon

Any idea who?

Rose
  • advertisement
  • I asked my consultant about these early releases from hospital after spinal surgery ..he said he would not believe it ..he would not let anyone home after surgery I was a further 6 weeks at home helpless and very down not even able to take a shower without help then another 3 months before I was in a car but I still got tired quickly and even after 2 years I am still not able to do much and pain is there all the time ..my consultant says most of what you read is bravado ! and it would be idiotic and irresponsible for a consultant to let a patient home after one day or even 3 days following major spinal surgery ,, the message is don't believe all you read !
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • remember these pro football teams lie through their respective teeth about everything. one day romo was going to play the next week and then he got shots, then he had surgery. if a coach is approached about a new coaching job they always say that they are happy where they are and the next week, they take the new job. i don't know why the compulsive lying but as far as for romo, this might be a ploy to fool the other teams about how serious it is and he might not even play next year. the teams always want to get the upper hand over other teams.never trust what a pro team says to the press. they always lie
    jon
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
  • LTee43LTee43 Posts: 431
    edited 12/30/2013 - 6:02 AM
    A family friend had back surgery last year this time, went home the next day and was up and around pain-free. This was minimally invasive surgery from what he told me. like anything, your results may vary. Pro sports players get nothing but the best of care, no co-pays, no authorizations, etc.

LT
    Diagnosis: Thoracic facet syndrome & cervical and thoracic radiculopathy from car accident trauma.
  • advertisement
  • For herniated disc w/ sciatica, I went home the same day.
    Compressed Discs/DDD - L2/L3, L3/L4
    Major Herniation - L4/L5
    Bulging Disc - L5/S1
    "no healthy 24 year old's back should look like this without a major trauma"
    MicroDisc L4/L5 Nov 7, 2013
  • did they fuse your back? have metal in my back from stem to stern. i also had to wear a brace for 6 months.
    jon
  • I was sent home after my first fusion surgery, some almost 7 hours long, less than 36 hours post op and of course, had major complications, and resulted in a missed spinal cord injury because of it, so there are doctors who do send patients home entirely too early and it can have disastrous results.
  • even after spending 10 days in the hospital,, i also had complications, lung collapse, and a blood clot. my temp went to 102 degrees also. good thing they kept me.
    jon
  • i could not lift anything over 5 lbs for a year, i had to wear a back brace for 6 months, could not stand up to get anything or bend down to pick things up for a year also. this getting out after a couple of days is not believable if one had real back surgery.
    jon
advertisement