Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

Hey all, I'm back!

advertisement

Comments

• You're on the road to recovery!! I'm so happy for you and I hope you continue to get the rest you need in order for your body to heal. Thank you for keeping us posted on your progress.
    Herniation of l5 S1 l4 , DDD , microdisectomy in June 2013 and re herniation in September
    Cervical herniation at C5-7 Jan 2014 with impingement of spinal cord. 2 level cervical fusion Feb. 2014 and 2 level lumbar fusion in April 2014
  • Thanks, on my nerves! Had a bit of a setback last night. I don't know what brought it on, but when it came bedtime, I had some numbness around my ankle and foot, which I've had before. Went to bed with an ice bag, but before long, the pain was also in my buttocks and down my leg and I thought "here we go again....the original pain is back". I tossed and turned all night long and just couldn't find a comfortable position. It was too early to take more pain medicine or neurontin or muscle relaxed, so I I was just plain miserable all night long. I was finally able to take my regularly scheduled dose at 6 am (I did take some Norco in the middle of the night, but it didn't touch it) . As soon as I got the neurontin ans muscle relaxed in my body, I could feel the pain leaving. I hope that never happens again!
    Synovial cyst removal in 2008. L4-L5 facet joint.
    Lumbar fusion at L4-L5 in December 2013. TLIF posterior entry
  • advertisement
  • I hope it's nothing but your nerves healing and it won't happen again. Listen to your body and take it slow. Set backs are so difficult but try to stay positive and keep the faith.

Amy
    Herniation of l5 S1 l4 , DDD , microdisectomy in June 2013 and re herniation in September
    Cervical herniation at C5-7 Jan 2014 with impingement of spinal cord. 2 level cervical fusion Feb. 2014 and 2 level lumbar fusion in April 2014
  • Got out today, but was the passenger, not the driver. Had a hair appt and did a little grocery shopping. I hadn't taken any Norco, so my pain level is probably at a 5 or so, but I know it's just because I walked a lot more than I had been while cooped up because of snowpocolypse. Yesterday, while at home I didn't take a Norco until 6 pm. So, I think getting off the Norco will be fairly easy. Don't know about the neurontin and flexeril.

Monday will be 3 weeks since the surgery. I'm getting along pretty well and the only lingering pain I have is around my ankle and foot. I'm definitely walking with a limp on the left side,but other than that, walking is fine.

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • Just wanted to pop in for an update on my progress. It's been 27 days since my fusion and the past couple of days is the first time I've felt normal. Yesterday I drove for the first time and pushed a cart through the grocery store. I think the grocery store should be every fusion patient's first outing. The cart acts as a walker and you can lean on it if you start feeling weak.

Anyway, I felt great and didn't even need nap when I got home. Today, the feeling continues. I don't even feel the need for a Vicodin so I'm going to start tapering off those. Same with the flexeril. I do still need the neurontin though. I still have nerve issues around my ankle and foot. Not stabbing pain, more like vague numbness. It doesn't cause any issues with walking though.....just weird feeling in that area.

I haven't been able to get outside and walk for even one day because of the weather, so if you're in the same boat, don't worry that you haven't been able to get out and walk. To be honest, I haven't done a lot of walking through my recovery. I've done more resting in my recliner than walking.

I go to the neuro on Thursday for my 30 day evaluation and I'm pretty sure he'll release me to go back to work part time. I have a desk job and there's no way I could sit for 8 hrs a day right now.

I hope everyone is having as much success as I've had, and for those who are having problems, I'll keep you in my prayers.
  • advertisement
advertisement