Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Day 4 after nerves burned

Not feeling any better. Is there still hope, or is this another failure?
We can't always control the cards we are dealt in life, but we can control how we play the hand
advertisement

Comments

• My previous PM doc told me it can take up to two weeks for improvement from rhizotomy.

I hope this is the case for you, that it will just take a few more days for you to feel better.

I *heart* my TENS unit.
  • Hi Everyone!

So nice to meet you. I am on day 8 from having an endoscopic rhizotomy. My doctor did this through a scope to burn the nerves. So far so good. My back was sore for a few days, but as the time goes on, it gets better! So...that's that good news. Now I'm having a burning pain on the side of my leg. It hurts to touch, or if my clothes hit it. Very sensitive. Praying this is only temporary. Seems like nerve pain for sure. Hopefully this will resolve itself and is not permanent damage. Anyone else out there experience this side effect?

Thanks so very much!
  • advertisement
  • SusanA said:
    Hi Everyone!

So nice to meet you. I am on day 8 from having an endoscopic rhizotomy. My doctor did this through a scope to burn the nerves. So far so good. My back was sore for a few days, but as the time goes on, it gets better! So...that's that good news. Now I'm having a burning pain on the side of my leg. It hurts to touch, or if my clothes hit it. Very sensitive. Praying this is only temporary. Seems like nerve pain for sure. Hopefully this will resolve itself and is not permanent damage. Anyone else out there experience this side effect?

Thanks so very much!
    To it makes no sense to damage or destroy a perfectly healthy nerve instead of fixing the problem. It's like short circuiting the wire to the check engine light.
  • Hi MSG
    How is it going now? As others say it can take a few weeks and initially it might be worse. Had mine 9 hours ago. T11, T12 and L1 on both side as well as L2 on the left. Aches at the moment and feel nauseous but glad to be home
    Fingers crossed for us both
    Snoopy - L3-L5 fusion 2008, half the hardware removed 2009, hip replacement 2010, revised 2013. Ongoing back pain thru this. Cortisone injections 2013, now RFA 20.02.2014 to help with chronic back pain. Oh and arthritis in both thumb joints!
  • SarahLindeauSarahLindeau Posts: 766
    edited 02/20/2014 - 8:30 AM
    I had bilateral rhizotomies at L4, L5 and S1 on two dates in 2012 that were unsuccessful. What I did have is nerve damage. On my left side, he got too close to another nerve that processes sensation in my left outer thigh. It's still numb, and at the edges it is hyper sensitive. Some days it's terribly annoying. Other days I don't have any problems. Luckily it's not in a spot that's very important. When he tested the nerve before burning it, I told him I felt it in my leg-thigh. He readjusted the position and I still felt it. He proceeded anyways and this is the result. Grrr
    2015: Thoracic protrusions C7-T1, T3-4, T6-8
    Dec'13: 360FusionL4-S1 w/bone graft
    2013: 3x2-level disc injections: 12mo surgery postponement
    Dec'12: DiscogramL4-S1
    Sep/Oct'12: Bi-lateral Rhizo AblationsL4- S1
  • advertisement
  • MSGMSG Posts: 296
    edited 02/24/2014 - 3:26 PM
    So it's been about a month now, & I feel like there has been some improvement, but not a ton. I also had a breast reduction during this time, which may be skewing my opinion a bit. How are you?
    We can't always control the cards we are dealt in life, but we can control how we play the hand
  • Well breast reduction is one way of passing the time! Mh friend had it done last year and said best ever decision, although she only had that to deal with not back injections too.

5 days now and my back aches.Which I think is what you found. Finding it more difficult to sit or lie comfortably at the moment but guess its still bruised and sore. People keep asking if its working and I have to remind them it'll be a while before I know. Due to go back to the office job next week, so hopefully it will be no worse by then or I guess another doc note will be needed.
    Snoopy - L3-L5 fusion 2008, half the hardware removed 2009, hip replacement 2010, revised 2013. Ongoing back pain thru this. Cortisone injections 2013, now RFA 20.02.2014 to help with chronic back pain. Oh and arthritis in both thumb joints!
advertisement