Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Forced back to work very bad situation

advertisement

Comments

• Rambi, in my opinion, I think it would be a good idea if you applied for public assistance. That's why it is there, to help people when the need arises, and it usually will include insurance. I would definitely check into that, it won't hurt to apply and it could be just what you need to get yourself healed up. Please, please at least apply. The worst thing that can happen is they say no. So there's no loss for trying. Even if you don't qualify for everything, you could qualify for something. Good luck.
  • Thank you so much everyone for your help and advice ! This is the ONLY place I have gotten any true help before, during, and after my surgery . I am checking into the insurance now . Thank you Sarah for letting me know about the deadline to apply . I didn't know about that . I am still waiting to find out if I ll be approved for LT and don't know how I m going to make it financially even with it . I want you all to know how grateful I am for this site and everyone here ! It s the one place I can find people that really understand what I m going through because they ve been there too.
  • advertisement
  • I feel the same about this place. We're here to support each other and be that positive source of encouragement to one another.
    2015: Thoracic protrusions C7-T1, T3-4, T6-8
    Dec'13: 360FusionL4-S1 w/bone graft
    2013: 3x2-level disc injections: 12mo surgery postponement
    Dec'12: DiscogramL4-S1
    Sep/Oct'12: Bi-lateral Rhizo AblationsL4- S1

• Rambi and Sarah,

We have all felt this way. We come here in pain and feeling so alone and needing to find information and hope. Being able to talk to others who are going through this too is such a wonderful support and we don't feel alone any more.

Some of us stay around to support others who are new and chat with friends we have made along the way. Others get back to their busy lives, which is what we all hope to do.

• Most insurance policies allow reenrollment or new enrollment if you have a qualifying event (loss of job, loss of coverage, childbirth, etc.) When looking, you may want to see if you qualify for this. You may also want to check into COBRA coverage except that it's usually pretty expensive.

Good luck and I hope things get better for you soon. Keep your head up!

Keith
    Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • advertisement
  • I applied for health insurance through the government site, it said someone from COMPASS will be contacting me soon . I just found out I will be getting LT disability so that will help for a little while . I m going to contact SS and see what I need to do next .
  • Rambi, I really feel for you. I can only imagine what it's like to be "stuck" in the system. I've also head about doctors like the one you had. Interested in cutting only. Is there anyway you can get a second opinion?

Best of luck to you
advertisement