Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

newbie intro: LBP with Neuropathy

I am 5 months into searching for answers. I have had chronic neck and low back pain with an ACD&F at c5/6 In December 2012. I woke up from that surgery with severe upper mid back pain that the doc said was just muscle and would go away. Several months of PT and injections and no relief. Nine months later (Sept 2013) I had a sudden onset of severe bilateral pain in my feet that feels as if I am walking barefoot on rocks. This has progressed into burning and stinging and has wrapped around to my ankles and is now going up my legs. When I am standing I have the pain on the bottom of my feet. If I am sitting I have the back pain and the burning and stinging that is becoming unbearable. I have had Nerve conduction, EMG, MRI of my lower back, xrays of my mid back, blood tests for vitamin deficiencies and small nerve fiber biopsy. Next is a glucose tolerance test to see if I am diabetic. The Neuro doc prescribed Gabapentin initially and increased dosages. I should say here that the Neuro doc initially prescribed this drug for migraines one WEEK before all these symptoms started. I just can't help mentioning that as a strange coincidence. My PM doc agrees. After waiting over a month for an appt. I finally see him. We go over all the results and he prescribes Norco 7.5 twice a day and I am going to try some sort of medical concoction cream that I have to wait for them to mix it and then Mail it to me. I am just about to go out of my mind with this pain. I cannot concentrate. I cannot do the things that I normally do, even though I was limited before by the other chronic pain. I have a trainer at the gym that watches every move and breath I take in order to strengthen my core and back. I have bought every sort of cream to rub on my feet with no relief. I have used Ice, heat, meditation. I am at my wits end with this. It's so easy to SAY "talk to your doc, etc." but in reality, all I am doing is waiting and being miserable.
ACD&F c5/6; Lumbar DDD and bilat neuropathy..
advertisement