Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

MS?

Hello everyone, I am 15 and think I may MS. I have many symptoms, here are most of them, leg pain, back pain, hip pain, foot , pain weakness in my muscles sight difficulties in right eye, hearing difficultoes, neck pain unable to speak, problems with my emotions and not being able to think straight, bowel problems and bladder problems. I also recently had pneumonia too. I have been in and out of hospital constantly, the doctors won't listen to me. It is very stressful. My leg especially is becoming worse and is sensitive to touch it causes me to cry even if my quilt was on it or a tie. Can't wear trousers due to it being so agonisingly painful I am always really drowsy but when I try to sleep I can't (probably due to the pain) please give me an answer soon lifevis becoming unbearable for me and I am only 14, female. The headaches and eye pain doesn't help, I was just wondering if it's possible that I could have MS I've been like this since October 14th 2013
I just want to know what I may have, as it is all still a mystery! I made a post on sciatica but it has now been proven I do not have sciatica! Please help me, I'm only young and I should be going out to the park and shopping with my friends butbo can'tmy life is being ruined. The pain has gotten gradually worse to now completely unbearable! Waiting on an MRI brain scan!

Chloe
xxxxx
Hello I am 13 and have sciatica. Most of the time I can barely walk. I take ibuprofen and paracetamol that barely touches mynpain! I can't feel my leg and it is always numb and ice cold like it has been in a freezer for hours!
advertisement

Comments

• Chloe,
    the MRI scan will reveal the presence or otherwise of lesions which are indicative of MS.
    If your super sensitive skin is on your front thigh you are describing Meralgia Paresthetica which indicates a likely trapped or damaged nerve. I know this because I had it when I herniated a disc in my thoracic spine. I also had terrible leg pain, weakness, bladder/bowel urgency which eventually became incontinence. I developed a limp and to compensate walked from the hip which made my hip ache. I never knew I did this until the physio therapist pointed it out to me when I was recovering from surgery.
    BTW I had a provisional diagnosis of MS until a MRI of the brain showed no lesions (white matter) and a further MRI of the spine showed the herniated disc impinging the spinal cord. I also had lots of cognitive, memory, emotional and similar problems which were subsequently put down to anxiety and stress (due to worry) and lack of sleep ( due to anxiety and pain).
    Now I'm fine.
    Mick
    I'm not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
  • My sensisitivity os in my full leg and I am now unable to walk at all due to it. it is extremely painful and unbearable! I also have pain in my arms too I didn't have an MRI of my full spine just my legs and lower back they were apparently only focusing on my bones as well when they were told not to and to focus more on my nerves. I'm just hoping the brain scan or my scan of my abdomen and kidneys (as my dad had a kidney transplant abd I havr a really bad pain in my stomach) which I am still waiting on an appointment for. Will spread some light on my situation. Do you have any ideas what else it could be?
    Hello I am 13 and have sciatica. Most of the time I can barely walk. I take ibuprofen and paracetamol that barely touches mynpain! I can't feel my leg and it is always numb and ice cold like it has been in a freezer for hours!
  • advertisement
  • Thank you mickkr for the good luck and ideas on what it could be, I am hoping against hope that I don't have MS. I know that I don't have a trapped nerve whivh has already been proven. To be honest I'm really hoping that it may be all in my head, but as ot gets increasively worse, I start to think the worst. Thank you again