Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

sleep study before surgery

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,299
    You are right, sleep apnea is much more than the snoring. It is those moments when you stop breathing. Each time you stop breathing, less oxygen is getting to your brain. So, the more this happens, the bigger the chances there are with mental issues.

Sleep apena has been a silent killer for several athletes. Unfortunately, until Reggie White died, there wasn't much discussed about that before. Anyone who really has a large neck and somewhat overweight could be a prime candidate.

Its easier enough to look into. For starters, it would be your spouse or SO that watched your sleep pattens. If they pick up one something strange, for instance, you are breathing, then stop for 30-45-60 seconds and then start breathing really quickly and heavy again, that could be a sign.

Have it looked into
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • I mentioned earlier in my message that I currently use a Oxygen machine and it is huge.
    If anyone knows of a source that you can buy one of the smaller portable type that is
    not so expensive please let me know. It is getting hard for my Husband to load it into
    our truck. I looked the smaller ones up they are very expensive and my insurance
    does not cover the smaller portable type. I take it so serious especially since I am taking
    meds that I have a back up generator in case the power goes out.
    Have a day filled with lots of sunshine.
    Sherri
  • advertisement
  • Tired of the painTTired of the pain Posts: 197
    edited 03/17/2014 - 11:45 AM
    Whoever supplies you with your oxygen should be able to provide you with a portable until to use in addition to the home unit.