Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Weight bearing MRI's?

Hi Guys,
So I have had continuous symptoms and pain vet since my second spinal fusion from October. My neurosurgeon had gotten MRIs done before but they have never shown a reason as to why the symptoms were there and why they were getting worse. I recently heard about weight bearing MRI's. Anyone had these done before and have they shown something that really helped? Any info at all would really help because I want I find a reason for my worsening symptoms and pain.
Thanks
advertisement

Comments

• Spine In SecuritySSpine In Security Posts: 35
    edited 03/15/2014 - 6:05 PM
    Before my lumbar fusion, I had an upright MRI with seated, extension and flexion runs. Remember the old TV ads for wildlife books and the corny "Did you see that?" where the elephant's trunk moved? My L5 did that on extension.

A regular flat MRI would not have shown the instability, so to me, upright or weight-bearing imaging is absolutely worthwhile.
    August 2013 C7-T1 MED
    July 2013 L4-L5-S1 TLIF
    December 2011 C5-C6 ADR
    April 2009 L5-S1 MED
  • Thoracic spine pain: I just emailed my neurosurgeon and attached the link you PM'd me. We will see what she says. I just want to let you know that you need to forgive and let go what happened to you. I can tell it was very frustrating but you need to move on with your life. I know its hard and you have been through a lot but its not worth it to be mad at what happened. Hat is one thing I have learned through what I have been through.
  • advertisement