Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I am on day 3 cold turkey no smoking days go by slow

advertisement

Comments

• TarenTTaren Posts: 524
    edited 04/01/2014 - 10:37 AM
    14 hours without a cigarette, of course 5 hours of that I was asleep but still.....I'm doing it!!! I have had a few "freight train moments" but I got through them. It hasn't been as bad as I thought it was going to be. I really think now, more than ever, that I'm going to be able to do this. :-)
  • Four days into my quit attempt I woke up and there was a package on my doorstep. I unwrapped it and it was a carton of cigarettes.. Doh!. I forgot that I ordered it from overseas a few weeks ago. So I'm smoking again but planning to quit as soon as this carton runs out. During those four days my stomach was a lot better and I think my pain was too! So it is definitely worth doing and I hope you guys are going okay! Have you noticed any positive changes since you quit?
  • advertisement
  • YAYYYYYYY Taren I am so proud of you!!!!!!! :) pretty soon you will stop counting as I did I think counting the days makes it worse for me so I kinda stopped counting after a few days. yes those freight train moments will be there as they are for me now I can say that its just the caboose that is coming down the track !! LOL keep it up it DOES get easier and like I said treat your self to something youll reward yourself in a positive way and continue to quit!!! keep me posted ! as for Mcjimjam I understand that you went back to smoking again and that is your right !!! although 4 days of quitting was super!!!! finding a carton of ciggs at your doorstep can tempt you enough to smoke again, but its up to you if you decide to quit after finishing this carton then WONDERFULL!!! if not, then its ok its your choice, but I will pray that you do quit and yes I have noticed I can breathe easier and thank God I have no lung damage so I am good and my pain well,,,,,, Im still in pain so I know that didnt help my pain as far as quitting as I need spinal fusion April 28th but who knows mabey my pain wold be worse if I was smoking I dunno cant tell LOL but I am saving money thats for sure!!! I wish you all the best and strength if you quit again and Taren YAYYYYY stay strong keep it up every day goes by it WILL gt easier then wehn you smell a ciggy burning someone smoking near you like I did the other day I almost puked the smell was sooo nasty so I know Im there already !! as before when I smelled a ciggy I wanted one so bad ,,,,,now it stinks and I want to get away from the smell!! LOL good luck big hugs to you both please keep me updated on how your both doing,,, have a great smoke free day !!!!!! :)
    ACDF One level C- 4 April 2014
    DDD
    Cervical Spondylosis \ Myelopathy
    Chronic pain sufferer since 2005
  • Congrats to you on this. That is awesome.
  • Glad to hear your lung function is improved, Stasia. It is good that you are quitting now so you will be able to heal better after fusion. I quit again today. Well I smoked my last one when I woke up and then put on a patch. I bought a nicotine mouth spray to use for breakthrough cravings. I usually use patches + gum but trying something different this time. I'm really looking forward to saving money and looking/feeling healthier! :) I'm also looking forward to my gastritis/peptic ulcer healing quicker.
  • advertisement
  • I am soooo very excited for you and proud of you !! you can do this! if you need patches or the gum or spray or whatever you need to help you then so be it ! Thats wonderfull news to hear!! you know what ?? honestly i can say that I have noticed my skin especially my face has changed it has really gotten smoother less blothcy and just awfull !! I am 46 almost 47 in May and I wanna look 30 !! LOL and I think I am on my way to looking like 30 again just by quitting smoking I see an improvment in how my face looks my skin that is,,,,,,, I do use creams also and I always wash my face at night before bed and take my makeup off religiously ! I always have but now that I quit smoking, I see a smooth flawless face ! LOL and that my friend is well worth one of the reasons that I quit and glad that you all are quitting too!!! I think I took off 10 yrs off my face in these last few weeks! keep it up and keep us posted on how your doing ,,,, now I gotta work on my pain and my upcoming neck surgery the 28th couldnt come any faster!!! LOL I am nervous wreck but also hopefull this will get my pain gone for a looong time. I woke up this morning and was in servere pain so I am dealing with that. but again congrats to you !!!! keep me posted big soft hugs !!! :)
    DDD
  • Spinellie said:
    Congrats to you on this. That is awesome.
    Thank You Spinellie !! :)
    DDD
  • mcjimjammmcjimjam Posts: 307
    edited 04/19/2014 - 10:51 PM
    I went a week or two without smoking. I actually think my pain is less intense. I relapsed on Thursday but I am going to quit again tomorrow. When I relapsed my pain got a lot worse. I do think there is an association. For me at least.
  • YAYYYY I am soo glad that you decided to quit now about relapsing it happens but be stronger! I still have not touched a ciggy and I am 6 days after my fusion which by the way they bumped it up to April 18th so last Friday which by the way was the worst surgery I ever had in my life soo painfull the hospital didnt seem to give me enough pain meds or I swear they were diluted !!!LOL It hurt worse than labor LOL !!! I dont know but mabey its because I am used to taking strong pain meds that the amount they were giving me werent enough strong enough dose! but I made it thought it anyway each day gets better but still in alot of pain taking Norco Robaxin and tramadol for pain hopefully the pain can go away soon , been sleeping alot and then wallking at night with the dogs My daughter walks them as they pull . well I am so proud of you for quitting please try to keep it up dont give in the any urges they will go away the patch should help you out too !! please write me soon and give me update Ill br at home on my recliner for a while ! LOL good luck and prayers you keep quitting !! :)
    DDD
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.