Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Putting a FOOT DOWN

advertisement

Comments

• It can't be easy having to ban members, when you all try so hard to help everyone. But, I can tell you that "putting your foot down" has made a big difference. As a new member, I was about ready to quit the forum, because who needs the extra stress of feeling like you constantly have to defend yourself on what is supposed to be a safe place to go?

However, you mods obviously recognized there were problems that needed to be addressed, & you are addressing them. The tone of posts are much kinder & understanding that we are not all in the same place in our journeys.

Many thanks too, for the "Pain Management for Dummies :)" that is coming out. It is going to help soooo many people!
    We can't always control the cards we are dealt in life, but we can control how we play the hand
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,284
    Where people have 'attempted' to get around a rule. I use the word attempted, because it is fairly evident what the meaning behind a persons thread really means.

It has also be pointed out that it would be helpful if we provide the details about why we edited some thread. I do have to object here. We look at hundreds of threads/posts a day and when we find one to be in violation of a forum rule we need to take action. For those bold violations, we keep all the threads/words/etc in tact. We will go ahead and ban those violators, but they are also the type of person that will claim foul, that they didnt do anything and try to get an appeal.

But we have so many other violations, that are not major, but still forum violations. We dont record each and every one of those. If we did, I would have to expand my moderator team by 10! Its really very simple. Every member that registers with Spine-Health is told to read the Forum rules and follow them I can not have my team record each violation. When a member complains and says "Show me", more often than not, that information is long gone. But, that doesnt matter.
    The member violated a rule. If you were speeding and was pulled over and received a speeding ticket, would you tell the police man, show me when I started to speed, for how long, etc. Crazy isnt that.

Please we are not here to create problems for people. Instead we are here to get rid of problem people. I have been so happy with the recent 'mood' of this site. I can tell you that we will do everything we can to make sure this continues.

Will we upset a few people? Yes, Will some people think we are unfair? Yes

But we will do what is right. The owners of this site watch these forums, they want to make sure that there are no injustices done or that the forums are misused. Trust me, when we point out a problem, its something that the owners are aware about also.

I want to thank so many of you for your help. Without your help, without your efforts, we could still have many problems.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • advertisement
  • 64pvolvo1800664pvolvo1800 Posts: 267
    edited 04/15/2014 - 11:56 PM
    For the constructive enforcement of existing rules. This site deals with unpleasantry enough circumstances as it is and we don't need further attacks, innuendo, or judgments by others in our process. Good job and thanks again.
  • buffgirl23bbuffgirl23 Posts: 76
    edited 04/16/2014 - 4:36 AM
    thank you. I have noticed it's friendlier and much more informative and helpful!
  • Are feet still being put down here? I have to say, I'm seeing some of the same old stuff again. It was a very friendly place for a couple weeks, after this post came out but, unfortunately I'm seeing a change in the tone of certain posts here. Now may be a good time to reiterate the purpose of this post, before things get out of hand once again.
  • advertisement
    Please point them out to me. I will admit we do not always catch situations. But when we know about them, we will act.
    And now more so than anytime, I have zero tolerance for people that only want to create problems.
    I am not asking your to identify the proble online and in public, please send me a message and I will take it from there.
    I do believe we are seeing better results!

I still believe by the pure nature of this site and people dealing with chronic pain, we are going to get people that will go beyond what is normal and start to create problems.

I know we can all understand that, but at the same time we can not allow it.

The entire Spine--Health team, Moderators, Developers, Writers, Owners are so happy to see the recent 'atmosphere' for this site. It is good, it is important it is helpful and I believe it allows this site to demonstrate exactly what it can do to help its members.

We can only post when there are problems, we can eliminate the problem members, but the bulk of the work goes with you, our members. You can decide what is right and what is wrong. When you see a poster going off, you have stepped up and addressed it. This kind of mindset by our valued members make it so much easier for us to do what we are suppose to do. - We teach, We help, We show and since we are just like the rest of you We Relate our experiences.

Thank you for making this a better site. Without our members, the site would just spin around with no one to look at it.
advertisement