Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Hobbies?

Comments

• I used to enjoy Scrapbooking. Not the digital, but the old fashioned sit at a table full of all kinds of paper, stickers, embellishments, etc. I've got enough stuff I could open my own store!

It's not too realistic anymore, since I can't sit more than about 15 minutes at a time. Even if I were to try to do it in "spurts", I've got a 2 1/2 grandson who lives with us, so I couldn't leave stuff out. And anyone who scrapbooks knows that it takes a lot of time to set everything up & put it away, so if it's at all possible you find a place where you can set up & leave it out.

So plan "B" is going to be doing some online Scrapbooking. I'm also really interested in making some videos of pictures set to music. Like what you see at weddings, funerals, 50th b-days, etc.

In this day & age, you can take a picture of a picture, you don't even have to scan them. I haven't tried printing a picture of a picture, but I'm hoping they will look ok; they look good on FB, anyway.

I do almost all my computer work in bed on my phone due to sitting issues. I'm planning on buying a tablet, just for this purpose.

I haven't done any of this yet, but it's my solution to traditional Scrapbooking, & I love "slide shows" set to music. I noticed there are a lot of free websites that can guide you through the process. If anyone has a recommendation for one, please PM me; the easier the better, I'm not a techie.

Somewhere down the line, I was thinking this could be a good way to earn a few extra $, who knows.
    We can't always control the cards we are dealt in life, but we can control how we play the hand
  • Could you maybe coach a youth sports team? I know it wouldn't be the same, but perhaps you could find some reward in that? If you coach little ones playing a non-competitive sport, you wouldn't have to deal with as many nutty parents.

One of my favorite pictures of my son was his first t-ball game at age 3. He is sitting on this coaches lap in the middle of the field, sucking his thumb while the coach pitched.

I know you are just beginning your journey of the right meds & all, so maybe your not up for this physically yet, but it might be something to think about for the future.
    We can't always control the cards we are dealt in life, but we can control how we play the hand
  • advertisement
  • Pretty much leaves you with no time for anything. It takes every ounce of energy to get through work, & you are dead by the time you get home, I know, believe me.

When you get more "settled" in your situation, hopefully you can do something you can enjoy.
  • Hope3HHope3 Posts: 1,335
    edited 04/26/2014 - 11:51 AM
    Hi
    I read your post and picked up on fishing. What kind
    of fishing do you like? I am a big time fishermen/women.
    I fly fish the rivers and streams of Utah, well anyway up till about 2 years
    ago things changed. When I was fishing it was doing it and paying for
    it for about a week after but boy it was worth it. There is nothing like getting
    out there away from the city, smells of the mountains, animals, just all
    of it. Now they go without me but I am hoping to get back to it if at all
    possible and it might be in a boat but that is fine by me. I get so down when
    they leave me behind but I don't want them to stay here with me that would
    only make me feel guilty.
    I hope you can get back to that I know how I feel hard to replace that hobby.
    Sherri
  • Compared to y'all, I think I might be a bit boring lol...I tried to learn to play the guitar, I could never push the strings hard enough though & gave it up. I love listening to Acoustic guitar songs. Sandi, how are your lessons coming along? What kind of music are you wanting to learn to play? The piano is another beautiful sounding instrument. McJimJam, how are your lessons progressing? Elton John, I think, is my favorite piano player. I did learn 2 songs on the keyboard several years ago, Amazing Grace and Love Me Tender. That was the extent of my music playing days, but I do love listening. I'm on of those people I listen to every single word and if I like a song, I have to know the meaning behind it and why it was written. One song in particular is called, "I Drive You Truck" by Lee Brice. It a song about a father missing his son, who was killed in Afghanastian while trying to save a fellow soldier. When asked, during an interview, on Memorial weekend last year how this father planned to commemorate his son on Memorial Day? He simply replied, "I'm going to drive his truck" The rest is history. If you have not heard this song, even if you do not like country music, I suggest you listen to the words of this one, it is beautifully written. Other than being a self proclaimed connoisseur of music, I like to sketch pretty much anything, I like to read, love to watch old movies (some recent ones too), I sew, I like to take long drives in the country with my husband and take black and white pictures of country things, i.e. old barns, cattle, fields, creeks, people, anything country. I also love growing, planting and repotting and taking care of plants and I like to decorate, I'm currently entertaining the idea of a black and white bedroom, just not sure I'm up to putting a fresh coat of paint on my bedroom walls just yet.
  • advertisement
  • TarenTTaren Posts: 524
    edited 04/26/2014 - 12:50 PM
    Fish!!! I love deep fried catfish and walleye!!
  • I have never fished outside of Utah and would love to fish somewhere like that.
    Everyone says how great Bass is to eat and yet never tried it but eat a ton
    of trout. We have Bass here in Utah and if things go right I am going to go
    out and try that. Big problem in Utah is everyone is moving in here and ruining
    all the fishing that used to be peaceful time. Maybe we should start up a
    recipe post I need some simple ideas and new ones to try or be rich enough
    to hire someone Ha Ha.
    Sherri
    Sherri
  • Why is everyone moving to Utah? What kinds of recipes are you looking for? You could start an "easy and quick recipe ideas for spiney's" post. ;-) Actually, it sounds like a good idea to me!!!
  • Utah is said to be one of the happiest, safest place to raise a family.
    The thing is in the last 10 years this state has grown beyond words, they are
    packing in houses, apartments and businesses by the hundreds. It is
    sad to see all the beautiful country being sucked up by development.
    We used to drive a half hour and be into excellent fishing but now
    forget that, you are lucky to find a stream or river without someone
    in front or behind you. But it is happening everywhere out west so
    you just have to accept it right. It used to be a beautiful place but
    they are destroying it money and more money.
    I just want some good ideas for any kind of cooking like Crock pot, fish, salads if
    they are easy. Cooking is a hard part of the day, I don't have anyone
    to do it so it has gone south. So I think I will start that post thanks for the idea.
    Sherri
  • Look under a post called 'Cooking with a bad back'. People posted some recipes, & I posted a whole bunch of my "tips & tricks". Susan
advertisement