Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Starting to wonder if I even need narcotic pain meds anymore

Comments

• I always found Cyclobenzaprin like that. It does get better after a while, some say the negatives completely stopped before the 2 week mark, for me it never completely went away. It's a shame, I found it pretty effective ;-(

I have a pill cutter from CVS. It works really well even on the tiny pills. Ginger gum or hard sweets work well for my nausea.

Tizanidine is the favorite of my docs. To be honest I'm dreading changing it for a while but I think I need to. It's not working as well as it used to but I've been on it, same dose 3x a day for over 4 years now. I hate changing my meds. I've learnt that most make me feel bad at the start.

Did they stop the Valium because of the chances of addiction? I don't remember you saying you were having any negatives. Could there be a little withdrawal from that going on?
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • I like your new picture! ;-)

My husband is a security obsessed computer geek! He's already mad about my online name & how freely I talk about things. We're fighting the good fight about me getting my photo on here!
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • advertisement
  • I couldn't stand to take one more dose. I felt like I had the worst flu bug with dizziness on top of it. I called my Surgeon's office and the only other alternative they wanted to offer me was Skelaxin, it didn't help me previously so I decided to go off muscle relaxants for now and hope for the best. I use my heating pad a lot and may look into more natural remedies. I hate the whole trial and error process of medications.

Thanks for the comment about my pic. I'm usually on the safe side when it comes to privacy, but I'm beginning to not care as much. I hope you win the battle :)
    Progressive DDD
    Osteoarthritis
    Chronic S1 Radiculopathy
    Discectomy L5-S1 2002
    Discectomy, Laminotomy/Foraminotomy L3-S1 January 2014
    Bilateral SI Joint Fusion and 2 level spinal Fusion October 2014
  • Ugh! I'm so sorry. I hate changing meds, I know how you feel. ;-(
    When is your next proper sit down appointment? I don't think you're at the end of the road for muscle relaxants yet. I thought they'd let you stay on the Valium while your recuperating, it was working so well..ugh! If you can't get by without there are others to try..chin-up :-)
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • LC84LLC84 Posts: 599
    edited 04/12/2014 - 4:43 AM
    I have an upcoming appointment with a PM doc and will decide if I want to stick with that office. Once a PM doc takes over we can discuss re-evaluating my medications. I don't see my surgeon again until the beginning of May. I have a couple Valium left that I'm saving for a unbearable flare.
    Progressive DDD
    Osteoarthritis
    Chronic S1 Radiculopathy
    Discectomy L5-S1 2002
    Discectomy, Laminotomy/Foraminotomy L3-S1 January 2014
    Bilateral SI Joint Fusion and 2 level spinal Fusion October 2014
  • advertisement
advertisement