Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Numbness and Pain Ahhhhh

My left arm is completely numb but also in pain. Weird I know you get it.

It started a week ago Friday (March 28) mostly just pain in my tricep area, went and had it checked out, found out my AD moved and is 50% out of place, now the pain, tingling, and numbness has spread down to my wrist.

I hate this feeling .... anyone else???
Lauren - 36

2005 - Double Discectomy w/ Fusion C5 & C6
2009 - Artificial disc placement C4
2014 - Having the AD removed and having Fusion done C4 with possible other levels
advertisement

Comments

• Not sure they did a MRI on Friday to find out if any other discs need repairs. I should know something by Weds. But the pain, numbness, and tingling are getting so bad. He thinks it might be caused by my C7 (which I have never had surgery one)
    Lauren - 36

2014 - Having the AD removed and having Fusion done C4 with possible other levels
  • I didn't know that AD's had the chance to slip like that but I guess if I would have thought about it then of course they do. I was considering disc replacement before my fusion but my surgeon told me absolutely not because they aren't as advanced as they would like everyone to believe and they cause a lot of problems in the future. I just had an acdf of c6 - c7 on March 19th, and I returned to work on April 3rd. I had a lot of the pain you are describing. I don't know what disc you had replaced, but with your left arm hurting even though it is numb is the same symptoms I was having. I hardly had any control over my arm, I couldn't hold even a simple cup of coffee up to drink with that arm because it would hurt so bad and shake. I had constant muscle twitching and nerve pain shooting down my arm. I had cramps in my left shoulder blade. I completely understand the pain your having. The fusion isn't as bad as what everybody makes it out to be but recovery was harder than what I had expected. Hopefully they can figure out what is causing your pain and get you fixed up, keep us informed.

• advertisement
  • jbnms99 - Yes exactly, each day it seems like it is getting worse and worse. The artificial dis replace was at C4 in 2009 I had a double disectomey w/ fusion at C5 & C6 in 2005.

I think I should have gone with the ACDF instead of the artfi disc rplct.
    Lauren - 36

• I find it strange that if your AD is out of place that you are having that much pain down your arm. I was told that my c3 -c4 was the next worst disc in my neck and if it went out that I would feel like I was having a heart attack. My doc said it would go across my chest instead of down my arm. Everybody is wired different and not all symptoms are the same, my guess would be that something has changed in c6 - c7 since c5 - c6 doesn't have anything to touch you cord.
  • He did have me do a MRI on Friday he wanted to check my C7 (level under my fusion) he thinks that may be what is causing problems. I went in because of the pain, and found out about my AD movement after x-rays.
    Lauren - 36

• advertisement
advertisement