Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

symptom help?

Comments

• Taren. Did you phone for an appointment today? I'm worried about you...

Please! ;-)
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • SarahLindeauSarahLindeau Posts: 766
    edited 04/30/2014 - 3:43 AM
    Speaking of strange symptoms, does anyone else have mild amnesia from cyclobenzaprine/flexeril? I have chunks of each day that I can't remember. When I forgo the cyclobenzaprine, I'm fine.
    2015: Thoracic protrusions C7-T1, T3-4, T6-8
    Dec'13: 360FusionL4-S1 w/bone graft
    2013: 3x2-level disc injections: 12mo surgery postponement
    Dec'12: DiscogramL4-S1
    Sep/Oct'12: Bi-lateral Rhizo AblationsL4- S1
  • advertisement
  • EMS GuyEEMS Guy Posts: 1,604
    edited 04/30/2014 - 2:18 AM
    Yes to the memory lapse! I thought it was from the Opana, but I take Flexeril everyday, usually before bed. I'm having trouble remembering details. It's mainly my short term memory though.

Keith
    Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • EnglishGirl said:
    Taren. Did you phone for an appointment today? I'm worried about you...

Please! ;-)
    No, I didn't, I see my dr again in June & I was planning to wait until then to bring it up. In the meantime, I'm taking the advice of not driving at all. My husband has to do his own sleep study for sleep apnea, kinda waiting until he gets his sleep study done before I get one. Has your dad heard anything about his sleep study?
  • josborne said:
    Taren I did suffer from mild insomnia. He mentioned the dangers including that I could kill someone or myself while driving or falling down the stairs etc from falling asleep just doing dangerous things while having a sleep attack, I have my sleep study tomorrow night
    Good luck on your sleep study, let me know how it goes. Are they making you stay awake all night? I assume it's being done in a hospital? Reason I ask if you have insomnia is because I do. If I don't take my sleeping pill I can be awake forever, my current record is 53 hours w/o sleep. I know you are thinking, "no wonder she is falling asleep all the time!!!!" Thing is though, even with sleep, I find myself nodding off for mili-seconds, even beginning to dream during this time. I will be thinking of you, Jess
  • advertisement
  • TarenTTaren Posts: 524
    edited 04/30/2014 - 3:31 AM
    SarahLindeau said:
    Speaking of strange symptoms, does anyone else have mild amnesia from cyclobenzaprine/flexeril? I have chunks of each that I can't remember. When I forgo the cyclobenzaprine, I'm fine.

Sarah, this is a great question!! You should start a topic on this one for sure.. I have definitely lost pieces of my memory during my CP journey, not from Flexeril though, but from other meds I have been on over the years. Some memories I wont ever get back. My husband and daughter are always saying to me, "Remember" when you?........And, I have no memory of whatever they are reminding me of at all. It's gone & I have no recollection of it at all.
  • Yes, mine is short term memory too. Like yesterday when I dropped my son off at school. I have no memory of doing it, although I know I did. It's very unsettling.
  • TarenTTaren Posts: 524
    edited 04/30/2014 - 4:27 AM
    Wow, Sarah, I think I would call my dr and tell him what is happening. I wouldn't take the flexeril if its doing that to you. You say your short term memory is fine when you don't take it, correct? I know, not remembering things you know you did is very unsettling.
  • Sarah. I can't take Cyclobenzaprine for that reason. Lyrica was even worse for me. I'm going to be starting Baclofen, I'll let you know ;-)
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • Hmm.. I wish I could go off it, but it's the only muscle relaxer that helps me. I will bring it up the next time I see my surgeon. I have to write notes to myself. I tend to blame it on my insomnia but I don't know how accurately I've laid blame there. I will think about this.
advertisement