Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

symptom help?

Comments

• Sarah, have you ever tried zanaflex? Or the oldie robaxin? I take zanaflex and it seems to work the best for me.

English, I have my fingers crossed on the baclofen for ya ;-)
  • It's your sleep study night Jesse, just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you & hoping all goes well. Check in when you can. :-)
  • advertisement
  • @ Taren, the sleep study was a bit bizzare. I thought I was awake all night. Like literally I tossed and turned and had my eyes on the clock awake all night and the tech came in and told me I slept for 7 hrs straight. so Im thinking thats a bit weird. He also said I went into stage 3 REM waaaayyy too fast. I should get the results back from the sleep doctor in about 2 weeks. Fingers crossed!
    (12.24.13) L2-L3 Laminectomy, Discectomy and Coflex insertion. DX'ed with Ankylosing Spondylitis on 5/13/14
  • My Dad got the results of his sleep study. They didn't find anything! The doctor believes its tied to a form of PTSD that can occur when someone experiences sudden & traumatic loss (my Dad found my brothers body) & time can heal. He has also been experiencing hallucinations. He's always been a wonderful father who would do anything for us. I think he's been trying to be too strong for me & my Mum but this is something he just can't fix. I don't think this is anything to do with his spine or narcolepsy.. We don't know what to do really ;-(

I hope your results are more help. Please let us know what they say. The results must take a little longer to analyse than other things, hense the 2 week wait, at least you've got the study out of the way now ;-)
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • That's awful. We never know what people have stuffed I guess, do we? PTSD stuff is bad. What r the dr's suggesting to do to help your dad? My heart goes out to your whole family as I have suffered with a dad who suffered with this same disease. Anytime a person suffers a traumatic experience it can trigger PTSD.
  • advertisement
  • I'm glad you got it outta the way!! WOW, 7 hours straight!! Did they explain more to you about going into REM sleep too fast and what that meant? Strange how you felt you were awake all night, but got in 7 hours. I bet your 7 hours weren't comfortable or were they?? This is all very interesting, isn't it? I will be back later to look for an update from both of you--I'm off right now to get a hair trim & yes I do have a driver :-) My husband worked from home today. I have only driven 2 times since this conversation started. Anyway, talk later.

Take care Jess and English ;-)
  • The lab tech said my thinking I was awake could be "sleep state misperception" which is where it takes you a bit to fall asleep but to that person it feels like all night and when you do fall asleep (even if its for a really long time) it feels like just a few minutes. I think the REM sleep issues is where the narcolepsy comes into play but im not sure..Ive been having a terrible day with sleep attacks at work today. I fell asleep for a few seconds while closing a loan for some people... eek! Im hoping to get some relief from this soon because the combination of everything going on is just insane. Im in pain and falling asleep constantly... my boss probably thinks im all whacked out on my pain meds lol. ugh.

@ English, im sending good thoughts to your dad that he will get better :)
    (12.24.13) L2-L3 Laminectomy, Discectomy and Coflex insertion. DX'ed with Ankylosing Spondylitis on 5/13/14
advertisement