Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Acupuncture side effects

I have been doing acupuncture for my neck/arms to help post-surgery troublesome spots. They do some on my lower back, but I now know that an SCS implant will be best for that.
They also do electro-stim, IR, and massage in the treatment. I do this in the evening and I will feel like I went through a serious workout that night and next day.

I assume this means the body is trying very hard to heal. Anyone else get the same experience?
Murraytscan@yahoo.com
L4-L5 fused at birth (congenital malformity). L-5-S1 bulge/degeneration, L3-L4 bulge/degeneration. Permanent nerve damage L5-S1 and L3-L4. Fused C5-C7.
advertisement

Comments

• I went through accupuncture for approximately 1 year after 2 lumbar diskectomys and a neurostimulator implant. I would leave feeling wonderful however within several hours I was back to a slightly lower than normal pain level. I went twice a week. There were times I was exhausted after treatment but my pain level was much more tollerable, I would say it was definately helping me. I eventually could no longer afford to go for treatment and sadly had to quit going for my sessions. I was paying cash for my treatment as I had no health insurance due to corporate restructering and loosing my job shortly after
    These surgeries.

I found I received the most relief from having the pins put in my ears that were worn for about 3 days or so. If your accupuncturist practices this technique I would reccomend it if he/she feels it will help your condition.

Good luck to you with your treatment, I feel it does indeed help.
  • Thanks. I have never heard of the pins in the ears, but I can ask. I need to do an SCS surgery in my lumbar tomorrow, so I will take a break from my current treatment.
    Murraytscan@yahoo.com
    L4-L5 fused at birth (congenital malformity). L-5-S1 bulge/degeneration, L3-L4 bulge/degeneration. Permanent nerve damage L5-S1 and L3-L4. Fused C5-C7.
  • advertisement