Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Drug Store Shorted Pain Medication

Comments

• Now, I am not sure if it was the pharmacy. A son of very close friend's of our's - ( our best man 34 years ago and his wife) was helping my husband do work on the house. He has had problems with drugs in the past and is attending meetings. He spoke like he was in recovery and was very faithful about attending the meetings. He is being tested weekly for drugs in his urine. I know when he was here, I had my meds, put away and watched him very carefully. I thought there was no possible way, he could have taken my meds.

I spoke with his mother. She said she still does not trust him. He is attending the meetings, only to obtain house arrest in a criminal case. She said, she has to hide her meds ( she also has back problems) in the air duct of her house. She said he has stolen drugs from her several times.She also said a few years ago, he stole drugs from her Aunt with cancer. She also said, he has broken into her house to take her pain medicine. . She was crying when I told her I was missing the medication. My son told me there are all sorts of things advertised on the internet to help someone pass urine tests, as did the son's mother. About 2 weeks ago, this son called our cell phone, while we were out.. He was supposed to help my husband with the gutters. He was there on Wednesday and we were not home. He was supposed to come on Thursday and my husband said you have the wrong day. My husband told him we could not come home. I found our shed door open the next day. I am inclined to think, he may have taken a step ladder out of the shed and climbed through an open window. He had stopped over this week 3 days to "visit" and that is unusual. Thursday, when I was upset about, "the pharmacy" shorting my Oxycontin, I said - "It doesn't even last 12 hours, anyway. I don't like the way I feel on it." He responded, very innocently, "Is it time released?' Then, his mother told me that Oxycontin is his drug of choice.

So, my husband and I have no proof who took the medication. We have a lock box for my meds now. When we go out, we will have to lock all our windows. We will have to count the pills at the pharmacy. I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I am so sick of taking pain meds. I hate having to rely on them. I hate taking them. I just dream and wish that I could be normal like everyone else. My son says I should be thankful for them, what if we were living 300 years ago? But, I just wish I could take a Tylenol. I don't know why anyone would want to take these meds who did not have pain.

Thank God, my doctor visit went great. My back is terrible. So he gave me a couple of SI injections in the office and is sending me for more complicated injections to an excellent doctor. We think it is the facets L3/4, so, I may even be able to have radio frequency down the line. He said no pools, or PT until I get these injections, just rest. He put me back on the Morphine ER 30 mg tid. I had been on that for 2 years without an increase. He said, if it works, don"t change it. And he changed my break though to Morphine IR. But, I am hoping with the shots, I don't need it and I can even cut down on the Morphine.

I never thought about counting my pain meds, worrying about them, etc. Our son lives in China and our daughter lives in Little Rock. It is just my husband, me and the dogs. And most of our activities revolve around our parish Church and the pups. We have a little yorki-poo and an 8 month old goofy Airedale puppy. They both would kiss someone breaking in. .I am 62. My husband and I are so unsettled about this whole thing.
    Take care and God Bless,
    Mary Anne
  • Unfortunately, the idea that someone you know would come into your home and steal from you is disheartening and it throws your sense of security off.
    Your ideas about securing your home when you go out, and making sure that the lock box isn't accessible is a good idea........if it is small enough, I would even suggest putting it in your trunk when you do go out.....that way, it's not even in the house for someone to take.
    Desperate people do desperate things, and stealing from family, friends, and even strangers is something that doesn't seem to cause any real discomfort for someone addicted.
    I'm sorry that this has caused you so much pain, emotionally and mentally.......it is not a nice thing to have to feel unsafe in your own home.
    Whether the shortage occurred at the pharmacy or someone in your home, the violation of your personal space is difficult to handle.
    I have never understood why someone would choose to abuse medications either, but there are those that do........and sometimes we become their victims.
  • advertisement