Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Feb7/14 surgery date

I had a posterior cervical decompression fusion of c2c3c4 on Feb7/14 ...4 1/2 months ago. I have 3 rods and screws and cadaver bone .The first 6 weeks I had lots of pain. First 2 weeks 2 Tylenol # 3 every 4 hours. Then a little less each week. I now take 2 regular strength Tylenol once a day as my neck gets tired by 6pm. I now have no pain at all....no pins and needles.....only wore a collar about 3 times when I went out....ordered by my doctor.

Before surgery I had pain in my neck for 3 yrs going up to the top of my head and pins and needles around my ears and under my chin. They were concerned c2c3c4 would keep slipping to the spinal cord. I am happy I had the surgery but the first 2 weeks was hard. It was scary as I didn't know anyone who had it.

I am a young 73 and have lots of arthritis. The 1st doctor wanted to fuse my whole spine so I got a second NS and I am glad I did. Thanks for all the help you gave me. Carol
advertisement