Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Reminder to members about responding to spammers

LizLiz Posts: 9,658
edited 06/30/2014 - 8:11 PM in Spine-Health Announcements
As annoying as spammers are....................
Please don't respond to spammer's posts you see on the forum, by responding you bury the spam and make it harder to detect.
One of the easiest ways of moderators finding spam is by watching out for usernames we don't recognising and then checking their post or replies. If we are online we remove it as soon as we see it and block the username and their IP.

If you don't see a moderator online and want to report spam, send an PM to one of us or mark the post as offensive.

Thank you

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
advertisement

Comments

• Oops sorry I didn't realise Liz ...
    Facet joint Arthritis L3,L4,L5,DDD.
  • LizLiz Posts: 9,658
    edited 07/01/2014 - 3:00 AM
    That's OK just need to point it out, they had posted loads of spam, I think I have got rid of it all

Thanks for your co operation (I should have put that on my first post)

• advertisement
  • naildriver93nnaildriver93 Posts: 35
    edited 07/16/2014 - 7:23 PM
    I had a ad pop up last night on the right hand sizes screen with the rest of the advertising same they were 2. 8 miles away and want to talk. They did not have a username associated with this site I did not answer them. I assume this was spam was I correct.
  • LizLiz Posts: 9,658
    I have never seen anything as you explain, I don't believe this was anything coming from spine-health, I maybe wrong so I will look into it. You did the right thing to ignore it. I would do a virus scan if you haven't already.

What I mean is...a spammer would make a new profile, then create a thread or respond to another members thread, they then will post a link to the website they are promoting, it can be anything from a fake designer handbag to online drugs from Asia etc.

Moderators can normally pick them up quite quickly but when a member respond to them by telling them we don't want them on the forum etc if makes it harder to detect and sometimes find it months later.

advertisement