Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Feel like I am being discriminated against



  • Yes, I am much happier knowing that I am on paid leave. I have heard nothing else. I have received sick days in my account so if I need to I can go on medical leave instead of retiring. I am supposed to get a call when they are ready to meet with me and review options. I think they have painted themselves in a corner because I do not believe they have just cause to cancel my contract. We shall see.
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,111
    call the americans with disability act. They will advice you. I was cleared by the phy. to return to work but my boss wouldnt give approval. She made me burn all my vacation for the year, this was January before I finally got fed up and called ada. within 20 minutes I kid you not out of the blue she calls and tells me to return to work. I was lucky i work in a fire at will state and thought that is what they were trying to find something on me to fire me for. I dont think they expected me to fight back. On a good note at least your being paid. Good luck and give them a call
  • advertisement
  • I am really happy that I am getting paid. I think they know she screwed up and are trying to figure out what to do.
  • Just my opinion, but it sounds like they are having closed door sessions trying to figure out how to get out of a mess they made. I had an ex colleague from my former employer who was illegally fired and she took them to court for all they were worth. She won, too, an undisclosed amount. Of course, every situation is different but I was so happy for her to get the justice she was due.
    2015: Thoracic protrusions C7-T1, T3-4, T6-8
    Dec'13: 360FusionL4-S1 w/bone graft
    2013: 3x2-level disc injections: 12mo surgery postponement
    Dec'12: DiscogramL4-S1
    Sep/Oct'12: Bi-lateral Rhizo AblationsL4- S1
  • I have the same opinion and have a plan if they do not offer me some accommodations that will help me. I got my second check yesterday, so that is a whole month. I did contact the union again but they didn't seem in a hurry to resolve this so I decided to just sit back and collect my checks as long as they want to deposit them. I am not pushing this any more
  • advertisement
  • Last Thursday night, I received a hand delivered letter after office hours telling me that me leave was over effective immediately. I was told to make an appointment with the director of Personnel as soon as possible to review options such as sick leave, personal leave, etc. I called the next day and got an appointment first thing this morning. I met with him and the union President and was told that the only thing he was prepared to discuss was leave. He knew nothin about accommodations or other jobs that mint be available. He would not say no accommodations; he just said that he would have to discuss it with the assist. Superintendent. I have an application with union for an attorney, but I haven't heard anything. about it. I am confused, frustrated, pissed off, and depressed all at the same time!
  • I'm sorry. You need an advocate from the ADA.........Americans with Disabilities office.....contact them. They may be able to help you and the attorney from your union with this situation.
Sign In or Register to comment.