Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Some advice please

advertisement

Comments

• LC84LLC84 Posts: 599
    edited 07/29/2014 - 3:43 AM
    I'm glad to hear you have a plan with the pain management clinic. I do know what it's like. With the condition of my spine along with nerve damage, I'm at the point of just trying to manage the pain also. My GP told me that if I run into a dead end with my PM Dr. then he will refer me to a specialty hospital for additional treatment options. It doesn't sound like you're giving up, I just know how frustrating it is to hear that nothing else can be done. I hope that you respond well to additional treatments.

Take care!
    LC
    Progressive DDD
    Osteoarthritis
    Chronic S1 Radiculopathy
    Discectomy L5-S1 2002
    Discectomy, Laminotomy/Foraminotomy L3-S1 January 2014
    Bilateral SI Joint Fusion and 2 level spinal Fusion October 2014
  • And that is what we are doing here. We are searching for answers. I have been to so many doctors, I would like to vomit! However I still have not given up hope. I read and read search the Internet and read some more. I am always looking for the next best thing. There has to be a degree of acceptance though or I would get really depressed thinking there was an answer that was being held from me. I think that I am doing the best I can and my docs are doing the same and maybe they will come out with something else.
  • advertisement
  • but even the most positive person can get ground down on occasion. I personally find the nights the hardest to cope with, I don't think the pain is any more intense it's just there is nothing to do & no one to talk too. I would be totally lost without my laptop, i have spent hours researching my condition but by sound of it i am not alone there. I have learnt to enjoy reading, up until my accident & my first failed surgery i was a very physical person. Lets face it im a man i didn't even read instructions, oh how things have changed. I am very thankful for sites like this one & the awesome people on it. I have just finished reading a very good book called "Manage your pain" & i think it has helped me so i recommend it too anyone in chronic pain.