Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Tingling/Numbness returns after ACDF Surgery

I had a three level ACDF surgery about five weeks ago. The first three weeks I did not notice the tingling/numbness from left back side of my neck out to my shoulder. However, going into the fourth week it has come back and even some into left side of face. Still a great deal of neck stiffness but I attributed that to surgical work.

I addition, about the last four - five months, there was a swelling on or near the collar bone and pain in shoulder. Neck surgeon didn't think it was related to neck. Primary doctor thought it would resolve with surgery. Another doctor said he thought it was because I had been pulling my head to the right for such a long time to alleviate the pain on left.

I realize this is a two part inquiry but just checking to see if others have had similar experience and what is best course of action.

Thanks.
William J Linhart
advertisement