Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Headaches and back pain

Hi guys... Quick question I suffer lower back pain at L4/5 and S1. I have noticed that with my back pain i get headaches and they are really bad my mobility is slow due to severe back pain.Has anyone else associated Headaches with their back pain..And should i be worried.
Many thanks

Surgery diary... 97 05 and 08 Awaiting for a consult from a surgeon....could take months for an appointment :(

advertisement

Comments

• I had severe headaches after surgery but was since there was a tear in the spinal cord with fluid leak that goes to the brain. Tear must have occurred during surgery. If noticed then it could be easily addressed and repaired with an blood clot or surgical glue. If minimal it could heal on its own which is what seems to happened with mine.

I wonder if this is something that could tear with enough disk pressure for a undetermined amount of time. If it is its something that could be diagnosed by MRI possibly with the use of dye. Definitely don't let it go on if it becomes unbearable. Healthcare system sucks sometimes.
    L4-L5 ....issues.

3/14 microdisecmy l4 l5 then re-herniaited
    7/14 fusion L4 L5
    Possible dura tear
  • sandi said:
    is a little above zero........during surgery a dural tear may occur due the instruments and retraction necessary during surgery, but from a disc itself, no.
    The headaches for the original poster may be related to the stress levels involved with having pain. It is wise to seek professional help if they are bothersome.
    I just made an appointment with my GP tomorrow as i also have horrid feelings in my legs.... they keep going cold severe back pain also.
  • advertisement
  • jenny_40 said:
    Hi guys... Quick question I suffer lower back pain at L4/5 and S1. I have noticed that with my back pain i get headaches and they are really bad my mobility is slow due to severe back pain.Has anyone else associated Headaches with their back pain..And should i be worried.
    Many thanks

Surgery diary... 97 05 and 08 Awaiting for a consult from a surgeon....could take months for an appointment :(
  • laura camachollaura camacho Posts: 3
    edited 08/14/2014 - 12:34 AM
    jenny_40 said:
    Many thanks

• Four what its worth sounds like pinched scatic nerve. First find the location were the nerve begins .feels like a knot the put direct presser using elbow rigjt on the center of the nerve . Four about 10 sec. Then repeat it maybe 4 times . Now this is very painful . Now as this is done see if your headache subside and you can also try excedrin migraine it works especilly if you have bad allergies it relives sinus pressure. Hope you feel better
  • advertisement
advertisement