Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

almost 3 weeks from having multiple spinal fusions L4 to L5, L5 to S1. A lot of new things going wro

Comments

• Well no doubt I had a bad infection. Part of why I haven't been on here til now. Man was I ever a sick sick lady. Don't think I've ever felt so close to death as I did with the staph infection.
    Faytay
  • My left leg doesn't kill me while standing any longer, bumps Iin a vehicle do not cause me to yell out. Those have been the 2 most noticeable things I've noticed thus far. Then the flip side almost 3 weeks ago while walking I had a sharp pain start up in my lower left back. Nothing like before surgery. ...that has been pretty painful and depressing....but then too I know things are gone be deferent....New pains will start up while my nerves are recovering from being smashed in there for so long lol. My spirits are high....I have color again and seem to be getting around really good. But that has also been hard with new pains. Some days I feel so good till I get up and move around a bit. Then I get so stoved up I have to lay down. But in time I have faith things will get better. I keep praying and have an awesome prayer team behind me.
    Faytay
  • advertisement
  • Good thing that now you are on the mend. I am really sorry you had to go through all this. Let's hope from now on your recovery will go smoothly. Keep up the spirit, and good luck!
  • Oh my goodness Fay, as I'm reading what you have been through, I'm seeing a similarity to my story .

I had L4-L5 fusion on 8/5 got a staph infection in the hospital and had to have a second surgery on 9/10. I also had a picc line in until just last week. And 3 drains. Sad thing is my back actually felt better after the first surgery. During the infection surgery, they had to cut out about 8 in of infection that had created a tunnel under my incision, then move muscle from the sides of my back over to fill in the gap. The muscle stiffness pain is horrible. And about 2 weeks after the 2nd surgery I started a bad pain on my right pelvic area. First thing in the morning it is awful, like when I first had surgery. I've tried stretches and it will ease it up some, But as soon as I get still for any length of time the pain is back. I'm sure this too shall pass. After all it took about a year for my knee to feel great after I had knee replacement surgery.

So I hope you are still healing well and your home health nurses are taking care of you! Good luck with your progress!
    Dianne
    Dianne W.
    Boiling Springs, SC
advertisement