Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Over 2 months of lower, middle and upper back pain. Please help :(

Comments

• deep heat and volteral gel and co hydro codeine all also help muscle pain
  • Chronic pain often brings on depression & anxiety. Talk to your doctor about it. There are many different meds & therapy techniques you can try. Fighting with our minds only makes pain worse. Please don't let this get out of hand. The brain can be just as crippling as the body. Please talk to your doctor. Reaching for a pill bottle when life hits hard isn't a good sign. Just like physical pain there are a variety of different ways to tackle mental pain. Please talk to your doc.
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • advertisement
  • Hi Tom,

Perhaps it is the fact that your Doctor has prescribed you with Valium that is the problem? Not only is this a highly addictive drug, but it is indeed short lived and if you do self medicate and take more this would absolutely pose a problem for you on more levels than one. In my opinion, what you should be taking is something long term to help out with both anxiety and depression. Speak to your Doctor and ask him or her about these meds -- "Paxil" or "Effexor." Paxil has helped me on an anxiety level like you wouldn't believe. It has also helped me with my depression and to cope with the effects this has had on my life. Bare in mind that it will take a few weeks to get into your system and work the way it should. I don't like the thought of anyone curling up into a ball and breaking down. It doesn't have to be that way. There are drugs available to help you get through this, but in my opinion, Valium is just a bad choice. Don't forget either -- at the end of the day, it is up to YOU. We all know it's easier said than done, so my advice is to get on the right drug and to put in the effort. I wish you all the best, Tom. Pls keep us posted and u r more than welcome to PM me anytime!

-DOUG-
    Realize that FEAR is our worst enemy. Get up & get out in that stormy weather of the real world & kick fear in the teeth. Stare at it dead in the eyes & walk right through it into the storm; because once you're wet, you won’t fear the rain anymore
  • sandisandi Posts: 6,269
    edited 11/08/2014 - 4:33 AM
    the muscles weaken , your tolerance to activity decreases, your stamina decreases, and the pain levels will rise.
    It may be that all of this is simply muscular, and that there isn't anything serious wrong with your spine, and you need some time to allow the muscles to rest and heal, but that doesn't mean inactivity.
    Physical therapy , excercises and stretches should be part of your treatment program, and walking, several times per day , increasing your distance, time and stamina should be part of your daily activities, to avoid increasing the pain from disuse.
    The anxiety issues may be complicating the picture, since you are convinced that something is wrong, and the imaging isn't showing it................if you are spending a good amount of time thinking about your spine, or researching what it might be, then it may be making both the anxiety and the way you interpret the pain more intense.
    I am not saying that you don't have pain, but I am saying that focusing too much on it, when there isn't much showing on the imaging, at this stage of your diagnostic testing isn't going to help .
advertisement