Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

neck cracked and now more pain...

advertisement

Comments

• Pamela9PPamela9 WashingtonPosts: 44
    rtconant1 said:
    I have an extremely sensitive gag reflex that makes it hard to get the xrays and a very big fear of the dentist. We tried getting the xrays but I kept gagging on the rear ones. I wanted to get over it so they could get them done. They gave up and said that I need to see someone who practices sedation dentistry( which yes, I knew it was going to be a problem). My insurance doesn't cover anyone that practices sedation dentistry. I called around to places and my insurance. IF I want any work done, I will have to go out of network. That is a $500 deductible plus it wont cover the sedation. And after the deductible and all of that is done, It will only cover 30-40% of the total bill. It will probably be a couple extractions and a root canal. It probably will take some recovery time during this before they will do the surgery. As far as I know and have heard, just pulling teeth wont get rid of the infection if there is one. Some dentists require an anitibiotic before the procedure, some after.
    Thanks for letting me vent and helping me work through this. I know all of this will take time, even if they only do the minimum. Im just afraid that I am going to lose the ability to work and they still wont do anything about it. If it wasn't for so many variables working against me in the dental work and my neck issues, I could have saved myself a lot of grief. I guess its too late now. Now I gotta deal with it. I just wish I had more of the medical field working with me instead of against me
    Tracie,
    Last week, my new dentist took a "panoramic" xray of my teeth, then just had to do a regular xray on the problem tooth. It made the entire process so much more pleasant for me, and them! I had an abscessed tooth that needed to be pulled before surgery next week, and another fixed. It might be worth your while to call around to find a dentist who will work with you on this and the sedation may not be needed.
    Pam
  • I made a few phone calls and then talked to my dr. They ended up clearing me for surgery anyways. I had surgery I think it mostly had to do with the issue I had on the weekend. I still have to see the dentist but it isn't as much of a rush. I will definitely be waiting until I get this neck brace off
    I hope you get your stuff done and get your surgery. Good Luck
    Tracie C
  • advertisement