Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

our pets

Comments

• Thank you for your kind words millie.....
  • and I will say a prayer for you both tonight.---Mazy
  • advertisement
  • that shadow is suffering so. I know that Lucy also plucks her feathers and chews at her leg when it is really painful. I know that it will be very hard for you in the morning because if I were in your shoes I would be a basket case. If it does not go well I know that it will be very hard for you to make the decision not to let him suffer anymore. I am actually crying for you and shadow. Please know that you both will be in my prayers and thoughts in the morning. I hope that maybe the vet can give him some stronger pain meds that will make him more comfortable and help you two to stay together a little longer. Maybe Tramadol will work for Shadow? I know that they give it to dogs because the stuff that Lucy is on is actually the dog Tramadol only diluted. Please post when you are able. Bless you both.
  • bigcat, oh my prayers are with you both. i can't even imagine how painful it must be for you to watch him suffer. he's you baby! 14 years, he's seen a lot i'm sure and just hearing how you talk about him, he adopted into the right home.

good luck tomorrow at the vet. pets are our kids too. i know i'd be lost without simba and sasha.

image here's a virtual girlfriend for shadow.
  • i got the pm from millie today saying you can't log on right now. but i'm so sorry for what you are going to have to go through today.

here is a special poem which i hope helps you to know where shadow will be after today.

image rainbow bridge

just this side of heaven is a place called rainbow bridge.

when an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to rainbow bridge.
    there are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    there is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

all the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    the animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

they all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. his bright eyes are intent; his eager body quivers. suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

you have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. the happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

then you cross rainbow bridge together....

• advertisement
  • Hi Guys,
    Cory just e-mailed me to let me know that Shadow is at home resting comfortably he just had a slow heart rate but he still with us!!! Yeay!! He wanted to thank all of us for our prayers, good thoughts and loving messages. He has not been able to sign on into SH since last night so I have sent PM's to the MOD's to see if they can help! Just keep Shadow in your thoughts and prayers and I hope that our friend Cory can post here again soon!!

Millie
  • Such great news! Millie - Thank you so much for keeping us in the loop.
  • Our prayers helped!!--Mazy
  • Glad to hear that you are both at home and doing well!!
  • thank you everyone for the prayer for shadow,the vet said his heart rate was a little slow but normal for cocker spaniels,i have been off line since yesterday,i couldnt log on,but the problems solved now
advertisement