Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

You Know what I Don't Understand...

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 11,632
    Hi Mel, I know that you have had some ups and downs approaching this surgery. There are many unknowns and fears going into this. You know what surgery is all about, the recovery time and how that will impact what you provide for your family. But as we have discussed before, you have a supportive family that is behind you and with you. Thats a big piece of the battle. You are smart, you read, you want to find out whats involved. So, again, you are one step ahead of the game. You know what its store, no surprises. And then finally its the surgery date. Once that is done and you start on your recovery period, you will just begin a time that will help fix and improve your physical condition and the outcome will be one that is pain free. No, you wont be able to do all the things you did before, but you will be rid of that monster pain, that stabbing feeling that has been eating at you all along. So, as my subject line says, the Bright light and better days are up ahead.

My best to you and to your family,
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Thanks Ron,

Actually, going into this rescheduled date I have felt more at peace for some reason, like things will fall into place. More like myself, like I felt during my other surgeries. I'm not sure what I was feeling the few days before the other date or if the feelings will come back again. Right now, I'm ok.

My husband is wonderful, although he may not always understand what I am going through he is always there for me. That I can count on.

I do agree that sometimes it is easy to lose focus especially when we are stressed. I'm trying to stay focused on myself and my family these next few days.

Thank you for your words of support and encouragement!

• advertisement