I'll start with a summary of my story. It all started about 2 weeks after I gave birth to my little girl. At 19 years old, I was diagnosed with a herniated disc at L5-S1 and degenerative disc disease. After that, I tried chiropractic therapy, physical therapy, and injections. I finally got a discectomy/laminectomy in January of 2012. I was alright for about 6 months, and then I started having horrible sciatic pain all the way down my leg, muscle spasms, and back pain that prevented from even bending far enough to put my little girl in her carseat. I went back to my neurosurgeon and got an MRI which showed that my disc space had collapsed and the degenerative disc disease was doing it's job. I've suffered ever since and gone through multiple sets of epidural and SI joint injections. My surgeon suggested a fusion and I decided I've had enough and want to do it. Well, the insurance company denied it. So we did an appeal. Once again, denied. So he did another appeal, and it was denied again. They now say it's over and there's nothing else to be done, but I know I need this fusion. I just want to get it so bad and try to take my life back. I'm sick of taking the pain medications and goin through the injections. I called a lawyer and want to try to sue the insurance company and am hoping that maybe they will just approve it so they don't have to deal with a lawsuit. Can anyone give me any advice?? Will suing them help? Is there ANYTHING I can do to get this fusion approved?? I'm only 21, so my surgeon says if I don't get this fusion my spine could degenerate at a very young age and he believes this fusion to have a 100% success rate. I have no idea why my insurance deems this surgery to be not medically necessary. I've also thought about just dropping the HealthLink insurance and seeing if my medicaid will take care of it, since the HealthLink is my father's insurance and I'll be dropped from it in a few years anyway. Can anyone help me and give me some advice on what would be best??