Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

Insurance Nurse coming to my appointment

advertisement

Comments

• Hipaa is law that will protects The information on Health and Provides information on Health. As the name HIPPA represents Health Information Portability Accountability Act. This help the medical patients in providing every latest information on Health and various treatments. Hipaa gives information in quickest way to the people through the internet.
  • There are definitely HIPPA regulations involved with a nurse case manager going into your appointment with you. My (former) Nurse Case Manager led me to believe I was signing a release for her just like the one I had all ready signed for the claims adjuster. When I later asked her for a copy she told me I had never signed one. I knew that was a lie. So, I sent a certified letter to the insurance company stating I was revoking all prior authorizations and I signed a new one (HIPPA complaint) that I got from the Workers Comp website. The new release does not allow anyone to come into my appointments with me OR have phone conversations between my health care providers and my employer or their insurance company. I don't believe they send a Nurse Case Manager to help the patient, that person is there to help the insurance company. It's bad enough I feel awful due to my injuries, I sure don't need that crap too!
  • advertisement
  • My W/C Insurance just mentioned to me that they wanted one of their Nurses to go with me to my next appointment. I thought it was odd they would ask now since they have never before (since November 2010) but now I am thinking it is time to call the Lawyer to see what they suggest before the appointment. Thanks for sharing your experiences and input.