Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Chronic upper back knots from sitting at computer for many years

advertisement

Comments

• Hi

In my humble opinion, pain is a message. I do apologise if I sound like I am ignoring the fact that you are in pain. I know pain because I've been there. The body is trying to tell you something is wrong and it wants you to fix it. Sometimes, unfortunately, the fix has to be surgery and or medication. In most cases, however using medication and surgery is equivalent to "Ignoring the message". The source problem still exists though.

Some 20 yrs ago, I was scheduled for surgery to fuse two verterbrae together which would restrict my movements by 25%. The diagnosis was that I had spondylolysis. I did not have the surgery. I walked away and have since studied the human body to truly understand what could be done with the message of pain.

I have since gone on to lead a very active life (marathon, triathlon, etc.) with no back pain since. It took many years to understand, learn and apply what I learned to solve my problem. Depending on your diagnosis, it is quite possible for anyone to do the same.

Start out with the assumption that muscles and other soft tissues of the body as well as bones are not functioning properly and this is causing the pain. The longer this goes on, the more damage and the more pain. The fix, while being quite simple, will take commitment on your part.

1. Get the bones which are out of place, back in place
    2. Get the overworked muscles to relax
    3. Get the underused muscles to strengthen
    4. Give the body the proper movements, movements by design, which will prevent the issue from coming back

It works. I have used it on myself and others.

Thanks and hope you get better.