Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Powerlifter looking for low back tightness relief

Rhyde1990RRhyde1990 Posts: 1
edited 09/30/2014 - 9:42 AM in Chronic Pain
Hello all!

This is my first post, glad to be here!

I have been dealing with a chronically tight low back for about 8-9 months now. I'm a competitive power lifter that at one point squatted 500 lbs, dead lifted 535 and benched 300 in a meet. Now, whenever I try to squat, my low back will strain if I go deeper than parallel.

However, about 8-9 months ago I noticed my back was tight after squatting one night. From then on, it never got better. I have tried everything it feels like. I've been to 3 different physical therapy offices and no luck. I believe that I have anterior pelvic tilt after taking some pictures of my posture and research.

Can someone please point me in the right direction? I just want to squat again...
advertisement

Comments

• sandisandi Posts: 6,269
    edited 10/01/2014 - 3:56 AM
    Have you consulted with a spine doctor about your condition? If not, you may want to start there, before continuing physical therapy or resuming power lifting, since you could wind up doing more harm than good if you don't know what the cause of the pain you are having is caused by.

http://www.spine-health.com/forum/announcements/spine-health-announcements/welcome-message-resource
  • Rhyde1990 said:
    Hello all!

This is my first post, glad to be here!

I have been dealing with a chronically tight low back for about 8-9 months now. I'm a competitive power lifter that at one point squatted 500 lbs, dead lifted 535 and benched 300 in a meet. Now, whenever I try to squat, my low back will strain if I go deeper than parallel.

However, about 8-9 months ago I noticed my back was tight after squatting one night. From then on, it never got better. I have tried everything it feels like. I've been to 3 different physical therapy offices and no luck. I believe that I have anterior pelvic tilt after taking some pictures of my posture and research.

Can someone please point me in the right direction? I just want to squat again...
    My husband just seen the chiropractor he's a weightlifter also. They gave him a spray Cryo Derm pain relieving cold therapy spray. With msm. He said it's the best it loosens you up as soon as it goes on. It's like $17 but he's used it for shoulders, low back, knees, and it helps everything. Should be very easy to buy. Could prob get it offline but his chiropractor told him that people stop in all the time just to buy a bottle. I'd suggest giving it a try. What's to lose?
  • advertisement